Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4329325 said:
This thread is a pretty desperate attempt at points scoring to be honest. 8k isn't a bad attendance at all for a pisspot cup game against lg2 oppo... in fact it's probably above average if you look at all the gates from last night?

17000 for us is great yeah, but it was our second ever evening game in a brand new stadium against an established Premiership side. Go do the logic.

Exactly. If in 10 years time you're still managing 18000 against Gillingham in the League cup, then fair play, but when the ground has only just opened, and everyone vaguely associated with your club wants a look, then of course your attendance is gona be big.

Same will happen in 5 years time when we get our new stadium I imagine.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Surely you can come up with something a bit more original? ???

Why ? Your stream of boring crap never does. Granted living in Croydon is boring so I suppose a riot is the nearest you'll get to excitment.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This thread is boring now........ can it be closed.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Exactly. If in 10 years time you're still managing 18000 against Gillingham in the League cup, then fair play, but when the ground has only just opened, and everyone vaguely associated with your club wants a look, then of course your attendance is gona be big.

You dont understand the fan base, theres 1.5 million people in sussex and lifelong fans live all over sussex, i live 20 miles to the north
just coz we had to put up with a little temporary ground for 12 years doesnt mean thats the extent of our fanbase. Everything is in place, premiership in the future and we'll extend the seats to 30k and fill that no worries

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
You dont understand the fan base, theres 1.5 million people in sussex and lifelong fans live all over sussex, i live 20 miles to the north
just coz we had to put up with a little temporary ground for 12 years doesnt mean thats the extent of our fanbase. Everything is in place, premiership in the future and we'll extend the seats to 30k and fill that no worries

In terms of catchment area, I would argue that ours is as big as, if not bigger than yours. I still doubt that with that catchment area and even Premiership football, you would muster over 10k for a meaningless League cup game in a few years time.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Hmm 5 years ? I somehow doubt that. It has been a year now since CPFC2010 published an artist impression of the new proposed ground. How much further has this progressed since then?

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.

you have no chance of getting a new stadium unless your chairman pumps up £100,000,000 plus in hard cash as the banks won't lend you a penny and as your chairman has already stated you need to sell before buying new players then it looks like you'll be playing in that dump of a ground for the foreseeable future.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
In terms of catchment area, I would argue that ours is as big as, if not bigger than yours. I still doubt that with that catchment area and even Premiership football, you would muster over 10k for a meaningless League cup game in a few years time.

Yeah but in london you have loads of other clubs to compete with, some very big clubs too. This year is the first year EVER that there has been another professional club in sussex which is way up to the north and only has a few thousand loyal fans anyway. Also beating a premier league outfit in the carling cup was by no means meaningless, fantastic game, place was rocking even sunderland fans were saying the atmosphere was better than at some epl grounds. This club has loads of potential

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Read the post you quoted again Einstein. You've won more 'Championship's' than us because you have been playing in shit leagues, leagues we have not played in for 35 years....So i'm not suprised you've won more (2!?).

You idiot.

Like I said . . . albeit lower leagues, much more excitement than you've had to watch for the last 35 years caravan dweller! Anyway talking of shit leagues . . . take a good look, i think Palace might be frequenting them fairly soon!

You idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here