Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8.9 magnitude earthquake in japan

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My wife's talking to someone on FB. She lives in the centre of the north island of NZ, even they are on alert.

Horrendous

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Latest pictures showed people stood on the roof of an airport building and a tidal wave sweeping across the whole area, it is hard to comprehend how much damage and loss has been caused. They then showed pictures of what had probably been a busy street, everything had been trashed, the trees were on their sides with rubbish collected in the branches...though what struck me profoundly was that there were almost no people, where did they go to?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The main video on that page is f***ing horrific. Especially the cars seemingly trying to drive away from the inevitable.

yes that is the bit i found quite sickening....those poor sods

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f***!!! they are saying a nuclear reactor is warming up and the cant cool it down!!!!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
tsunami.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thats a fake, it was doing the rounds for the Indonesian tsunami.

Looks more like the promotional shot for a particularly lame disaster movie. Probably starring Anne Heche and/or Ben Affleck.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
BBC: "Japan has declared a state of emergency because of the failure of the cooling system at one nuclear plant, according to the Associated Press. Officials say there has been no leak of radiation."

f***.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
sky news showing where all the nuclear reactors . One is currently on fire.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mike@Sky: Taiwanese authorities have reported that minor tsunamis have reached the island but have not caused any damage. Waves around 4in (10cm) hit Taiwan's east and northeast coasts according to the country's central weather bureau

Four inches, blimey, everyone to the top of the Taipei 101, quick!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sky news just said most powerful earthquake to ever hit Japan and 5th-6th most powerful recorded earthquake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here