Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8.9 magnitude earthquake in japan

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
f***ing hell, this doesn't look pretty...

If any country could deal with it though... its definitely Japan. The UK/USA would be RIFE with looting, it'd be mob rule.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It would help if they all stopped accepting the blame for the mess and just got to work cleaning up.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just checking in. Safe and well as Shizuoka is far from where it all went down. That said we felt a pretty big and long lasting quake even here. Was in Sendai for an away game last season and it's a wonderful city. Absolutely gutted for the people up there. Simply horrifying.

I think your pics of your trip to Sendai are worth an airing here. It gives a whole different view on things, showing what a lovely, livly and happy place it was and really brings home that there were 'rael' people living there and how their lives have now been turn upside down.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
img2623.jpg
Autumn outside the football ground.

img2665.jpg
Sendai fans.

vegatasendai.jpg
Sendai fans.

img2611h.jpg
Stadium.

img2692.jpg
Station.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
img2605h.jpg

Market street.

img2712t.jpg

Samurai fella in the castle.

img2615.jpg

Stadium.

These pictures don't do the place justice given I spent the lion's share of the time drunk, but I had a fantastic away weekend up there. S-Pulse are due away there in a few weeks, and I doubt if that game will go ahead. :(

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Stunning pictures Shizuoka. The colours of the trees are wonderful. I believe the cherry blossom in May is another wonder of the beauty of Japan. Hope they can clear everything up and restore the beauty. Thoughts go out to the deceased.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Cheers Barry,

Take care. heading off to Withers but there's a very sombre mood about, similar to how it felt after the 'twin towers' really. Even had some old boy talking to me about it at the bus stop today and he was from the generation who would probably not list the japanese amongst their favourite nations.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
There have been more earthquakes in Fukushima in the last 30 minutes and my office feels like it has been moving for the last hour. Another biggun is coming I just know it. Only 10 minutes before my shift ends and I am bolting

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
There have been more earthquakes in Fukushima in the last 30 minutes and my office feels like it has been moving for the last hour. Another biggun is coming I just know it. Only 10 minutes before my shift ends and I am bolting

Get somewhere safe JCF and follow the Seagulls commentary. Keep safe.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Thanks mate. Knowing my luck all the trains back to Chiba will have stopped when its time to go home. It is all a bit strange actually because life seems to have returned to normal in Tokyo. I feel an odd sense of detachment because when you switch the tv on all you see is scenes of utter carnage in other parts of the country.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
GNLF checking in during what feels like aftershock number 100. There have been a huge number of them, some quite powerful, others the standard little shudder.

I was lucky enough to be on a large open space, up a hill in Yokohama when it struck so I experienced none of the drama happening up and down the coast(including a half mile or so away in the city centre). I did get stranded in yokohama for the night, though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Thanks mate. Knowing my luck all the trains back to Chiba will have stopped when its time to go home. It is all a bit strange actually because life seems to have returned to normal in Tokyo. I feel an odd sense of detachment because when you switch the tv on all you see is scenes of utter carnage in other parts of the country.

It's strange isn't it? It's difficult to relate my experience with that of numerous places up and down the country.

And as I type, ANOTHER aftershock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here