Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

72 1/2 league games since we last won having gone a goal down

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So how many league clubs have gone on a 73 consecutive run without winning having gone behind?

I bet we have one of the worst records in the football league.

You can't hide the problem.

Break it down please, I want to know out out that 73 games how many have we actually lost ? How many have we won ? How many have we drawn ? Also break it down to home and away. Lets look at the facts in more detail. I am assuming you have before posting some absurd fact ??

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
BET it isn't.. So you're saying if we win against Weds 2-0 we'll add another game to the stat.. BRILLIANT

Yes, quite correct it will go up to 74 games.

A good side such as Man U, Chesea etc sometimes go a goal behind. However, they turn it round in a match & often win.
How often when we concede first do we ever look like turning a game round?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

A good side such as Man U, Chesea etc sometimes go a goal behind. However, they turn it round in a match & often win.

Name one other team who often do this season after season who isn't at the top end of the prem?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Both clubs dominate domestic football. United and Chelsea have infinite resources compared to their opponents. They generally have £70m+ of players on their bench. Not a fine example.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

How many times have Chelsea and man utd conceded first and gone on to win in their last 73 games ??

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Both clubs dominate domestic football. United and Chelsea have infinite resources compared to their opponents. They generally have £70m+ of players on their bench. Not a fine example.

And they have no league to get promoted to. In LG 1 we came from behind 6 Times in our championship season which is v good considering we prob only went behind in about 18 (a guess) of the 46 games. I'd rather be playing in the championship though and finding it harder to come back. Who was our manager again that season we went up as champions?

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Break it down please, I want to know out out that 73 games how many have we actually lost ? How many have we won ? How many have we drawn ? Also break it down to home and away. Lets look at the facts in more detail. I am assuming you have before posting some absurd fact ??

Looking at last season, just at league games, the following teams ALL scored first. In every game, we failed to WIN:

Leicester A, Leeds H, West Ham H, Watford A, Southampton A, Middlesbrough A, Burnley A, Reading A, Coventry A, Crystal Palace A, Millwall H, Cardiff H, Blackpool A, N.Forrest A, Middlesbrough H, Burnley A, Reading H, W.Ham A, Watford H, Birmingham H.

You would have thought that in just one game, if we conceded first, then we could turn things round, but no. Every single game & we let in the first goal, at best we draw.

The same depressing statistic has continued in this campaign.

The fault. The Manager clearly. Play too defensively, concede & then throw on the forwards too late.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looking at last season, just at league games, the following teams ALL scored first. In every game, we failed to WIN:

Leicester A, Leeds H, West Ham H, Watford A, Southampton A, Middlesbrough A, Burnley A, Reading A, Coventry A, Crystal Palace A, Millwall H, Cardiff H, Blackpool A, N.Forrest A, Middlesbrough H, Burnley A, Reading H, W.Ham A, Watford H, Birmingham H.

You would have thought that in just one game, if we conceded first, then we could turn things round, but no. Every single game & we let in the first goal, at best we draw.

The fault. The Manager clearly. Play too defensively, concede & then throw on the forwards too late.

So you've listed almost all our defeats in there. Any midtable club would have a long ish list of defeats...

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
So you've listed almost all our defeats in there. Any midtable club would have a long ish list of defeats...

I listed every single game where the Albion conceded first. The whole point of this thread is, if we concede first we don't win! So yes we either draw or lose a match if we go a goal down!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I listed every single game where the Albion conceded first. The whole point of this thread is, if we concede first we don't win! So yes we either draw or lose a match if we go a goal down!

I'm well aware we prob should win more than we have going behind. But as others have constantly pointed out, the original stat is a shit unfair one and it's not as common a occurrence as u seem to think ( a team coming back to win)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Worrying, if we were always flirting with relegation. But we're not. Fix that, which we seem to be doing in the transfer market, and onwards and upwards.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

That's just 20 games, what about the other 53 games ??

That's where the 73 games you mention becomes irrelevant.

Thread closed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here