Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 Points Off Automatic Promotion

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Have we any chance of automatic promotion? I reckon West Ham and Birmingham will get automatic promotion but we can always dream!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Anything is possible but it is unlikely.

I would like to re-phrase the above please

For me

It is unlikely,but anything is possible

Sounds for more positive...:kiss:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
How about finishing above Southampton, possible?

I doubt it, just about getting our full team back after about 2 months and as soon as February is out of the way we have a very reasonable run in. The game tonight however should have been called off, however i'm chuffed with a point away at Brum. On to Burnley and West Ham.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I doubt it, just about getting our full team back after about 2 months and as soon as February is out of the way we have a very reasonable run in. The game tonight however should have been called off, however i'm chuffed with a point away at Brum. On to Burnley and West Ham.

How many points have you picked up over the last 5 games ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am more upbeat than I have been all season, Gus has adjusted his tactics to suit the opposition whereas earlier this season we were getting found out with no plan B. We have strength in depth with the recent signings and the re -emergence of Vicente. Leicester played us off the park at their place and we looked out of our depth, the improvement I saw today from that game was massive although I thought we went off the boil once they went down to 10. Teams that score in the last few mins tend to do well and we also seem to be able to last the full 96 odd minutes now which we couldn't earlier in the season. We are now genuine playoff contenders at least and I am willing to dream of auto if we get in a quality striker in the loan window.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I am more upbeat than I have been all season, Gus has adjusted his tactics to suit the opposition whereas earlier this season we were getting found out with no plan B. We have strength in depth with the recent signings and the re -emergence of Vicente. Leicester played us off the park at their place and we looked out of our depth, the improvement I saw today from that game was massive and I thought we went off the boil once they went down to 10. Teams that score in the last few mins tend to do well and we seem to be able to last the pace now which we couldn't earlier in the season. We are now genuine playoff contenders at least and I am willing to dream of auto if we get in a quality striker in the loan window.

This , Leicester were the first team to suss us out and Sven's tactics made us look one dimensional. Gus now realises we need a plan "B" and has implemented this strategy. Fitness levels are making the opposition look jaded in the last 10 minutes , Palace couldn't stand the pace on Tuesday night even though they didn't play on the Saturday.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
How many points have you picked up over the last 5 games ?

5 which isn't great, but we got mugged off by the referee against Cardiff BIG TIME. Although we have had an issue with injuries since the start of December which hasn't helped our form. We're now getting our players back and we absolutely battered Cardiff, after their 'goal' was scored. Then today against Brum we probably would have had something had the conditions been more favorable, they showed themselves to be a bit one dimensional like West Ham. We will be up there at the end of the season, make no doubt about it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
West Ham are very consistent and will win the league, that second spot is very much up for grabs and a continuation of our unbeaten run will put us in the mix. This season has many similarities with 87/88, I'm hoping for a similar outcome.

SEAGULLS.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
West Ham are very consistent and will win the league, that second spot is very much up for grabs and a continuation of our unbeaten run will put us in the mix. This season has many similarities with 87/88, I'm hoping for a similar outcome.

SEAGULLS.

That was the perfect dark horse year,sneak into the top 2,for the first time all season,to finish 2nd on the final day...ok yes please!!!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
If we beat Millwall on Tuesday we will be at most 5 points off automatic promotion as Southampton and West Ham play each other. We still have to play every team above us except for Southampton and the results from those games will probably be the key to where we finish. I'm living up to my user name and I think we have a real chance of automatic promotion. We are also the form team in the league, along with Birmingham.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My predictor has Brum finishing top 1 point clear of WHU. Then the next 5 teams separated by 4 points with us in the last of those on GD only. Next game I got us dropping is at Hull so a win there will be very nice indeed.

Got to believe we will make play offs though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here