Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 out of 14

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Anyone got a link to one those relegation calculators?

I don't think we'll win 7, but wouldn't completely rule out staying up....

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm not sure 7 wins in 14 is the only way we'll stay up this season, and were it the case then I'd have lost hope by now.

However, we're not dead and buried yet, just have to keep picking up enough points to stay above Millwall and Crewe and hope Leicester, Derby, Sheff Wed or somebody else fucks up somewhere along the line, allowing us to overtake them.

7 wins in 14 is a very big ask and I can't see it happening.

But I haven't given up hope of us staying up this season. It could happen, but I'm struggling to see it if I'm honest

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No more than 4 wins. :(

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
dougdeep said:
No more than 4 wins. :(

One of the most important ones of which is this Saturday. If ever there was a MUST WIN game, it's Leicester.

Stumpy Tim

A van der Meyde said:

:lolol: :lolol: That's your best post EVER.

Anyway, back to the topic. These are the games I think we could win if we play at the top of our ability:

H - Leicester City
A - Crewe
A - Plymouth (unlikely)
H - Preston (unlikely
A - QPR (unlikely)
H - Luton Town (unlikely, but what if Newell goes to Leicester?)
A - Millwall
H - Southampton
H - Sheffield Wed
H - Stoke City

So I would say there are 6 that we MUST win. There are four that we could win, but we need to be right at the races & have someone scoring

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Anyway, back to the topic. These are the games I think we could win if we play at the top of our ability:

H - Leicester City
A - Crewe
A - Plymouth (unlikely)
H - Preston (unlikely
A - QPR (unlikely)
A - Millwall
H - Southampton
H - Sheffield Wed
H - Stoke City

So I would say there are 6 that we MUST win. There are four that we could win, but we need to be right at the races & have someone scoring

That 'need [to] have someone scoring' thing is the problem. The smarter fans had identified that weakness in the side by about September, the manager had publicly acknowledged the same weakness by late November. That nothing positive has been done to address that weakness within the transfer window is a failure in management, no matter what way you look at it. ALL the wheels will have come off if we don't beat Leicester on Saturday. and no amount of happy-clapping Keep The Faith threads will make it any better.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We have to pull our finger out now and start winning. Leicester on Saturday in my opinion is simply a 'must win'. Draws are no good, we might as well go for it.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No chance of winning 7. We can maybe manage 5, and hope thats enough! If not, bring on Orient, Carlisle, and Bristol City!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
We won't end the season with a total of 7 wins I don't think.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IMO We have No chance of winning 7 more games.

However, 5 plus 2 draws MIGHT be enough. Depends on who those 5 wins are against and how the other teams around us do of course.

But we will only win those 5 games if we get someone in who knows where the net is. If Bernard doesn't come by the end of the week I would Start Gatting on Saturday - what have we got to lose - at least his confidence is high.

There is a HUGE lack of confidence in the strikers at the moment - fresh blood is required URGENTLY!

Stumpy Tim said:
:lolol: :lolol: That's your best post EVER.

H - Leicester City
A - Crewe
A - Plymouth (unlikely)
H - Preston (unlikely
A - QPR (unlikely)
A - Millwall
H - Southampton
H - Sheffield Wed
H - Stoke City

Well done for getting the thread back on track.

Of course we can get the wins required - strange things happen at the end of the season when some teams desperately need wins and other mid-table teams don't.

I still think we have a better team than last year, just we lack the one inspirational figure like Virgo to edge us to the vital wins.

That guy could still emerge yet though - we have 14 games left for a hero to step forward.

I think it's very sad that so many on here are already writing the team off when there is still so much to play for and we are only 3 or 4 points behind a clutch of other teams, but perhaps it's a kind of therapy for them :)

We have a key game next up against Leicester that could shape the whole season, if we, the fans don't believe in the team, who will? ???

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We need a striker who can also give confidence to our other strikers.

If we had a good target man it really would make all the difference.

Last edited:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
okay:

If we beat all the teams in the bottom 6 with us now
Leicester (H) - MUST WIN
Norwich (A) - point at best
Watford (H) - point at best
Crewe (A) - MUST WIN
Plymouth (A) - drawable but I don't think we'll win there
Preston (H) - they've come good now no points here
QPR (A) - drawable but I don't think we'll win there
Luton (A) - point at best but probably none
Millwall (A) - MUST WIN
Southampton (H) - winable - look at their away form this year
Ipswich (A) - we could spring a surprise (but won't)
Shef Wendy (H) - ANOTHER MUST WIN
Wolves (A) may depend if they have anything to play for - might get a point
Stoke (H) - our jinx team - just hope we're alrdy safe by then

18 points with rose-tinted specs - takes us to 47 ....
its gonna be close - I worry that id Reading get promotion assured early, they might take their foot of the gas.

The fixtures on the last day frighten me too:
Crewe v Millwall
Derby v Shef Wendy
Plymouth v Ispwich
Southampton v Leicester
I reckon there's gonna be some real scrapping in these
We've got Stoke and the NEVER do us any favours

Worried of Telford.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shropshire Seagull said:
The fixtures on the last day frighten me too:
Crewe v Millwall
Derby v Shef Wendy
Southampton v Leicester

Those three last day fixtures could make things very very interesting. Although I have a feeling Crewe will be long gone by the last day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that we will get 7 wins out of 14, but I am hopeful that we won't need that many wins.

One team always goes into freefall about this time of year and could be either Derby or Southampton or even QPR if as reported in the papers Ian Holloway has managed them for the last time, and is going to Leicester.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Since our capitulation to Millwall and our tactical naivety against Cov in the cup, we've done a lot better.

We outbattled Leeds (who were perhaps overconfident), we held Sheff U for almost an hour, Burnley didn't bother us at all (but we didn't do much better) and we were better than Cov (who had won their last home match 6-1) for 40 minutes. All this tells me that MMs comment about being just 1 or 2 players away from a good side is likely correct.

If we can get Barnard in this week, and also find a midfielder, then we'll have definite chances. There are always some strange results at the end of the season - often as fancied teams suddenly lose their nerve - so I wouldn't rule out our chances against Watford, Preston, Luton, Ipswich and Wolves. I'd expect 5 points from these. At the bottom, it'll be tough for both teams when we play Leicester, Crewe, Millwall, Plymouth and Sheff W. As only 2 of those are at home, I'd settle for 8 points.

That leaves the mid-table teams: Norwich, QPR, Soton and Stoke. Of these, I'm confident we can beat Stoke if we need to - which leaves us requiring between 3 and 5 points from the other 3. QPR and Soton would appear the most likely donors.

Hey, it doesn't seem so bad after all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When are you getting Dick Knight back on the show Harty?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I tried to call you on satdi harty but i don't thnk your producer called back as it took me 4 attempts to say 'ineptitude'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here