Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 out of 14

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Ever the eternal optimist I stated on SCR that I still think we can stay up by winning 7 out of the next 14 games.
Am I the only one who thinks we can do it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here's hoping

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
If we can win 7 games then yes this is the run of games when we wnat to be facing that test, on paper our hardest games are long behind us. Would be reassuring to have someone come in on loan, but yes is definately do-able. But lets all make an effort and get behind the team during the match, if you want to have a go at the staff at least have the balls to do it face to face in the car park, and cocentrate on helping the team out in the ground

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
McGhee is at fault for most things though I tend to blame the United Nations

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
MM has fallen out with a lot of players and i think it had disrupted team spirit, before i would have been optimistic we could pull 7 wins out the bag but given recent results and "goings on" i dont think we have it in us. Hope im proved wrong though.

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
We've won 5 out of 32 Harty...........Leon's gone, Trolley won't be playing, we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, so i would have to say, if you think we can win 7 of our next 14,you've lost the plot as much as MM.
I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT THOUGH.......

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I see that you are placing all of your hopes on the accepted theory that fifty points in a season in this league keeps you up. MM thinks that forty-nine points will do it this season.

Tell me Ian, where do you think that those points are going to come from? Which games and why?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A dozen more points all season, taking us up to 40, is probably more realistic. Not a snowball's chance in hell of winning 7 out of 14.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
I do think McCammon had a point on your phone-in. Look at yesterdays game 2 goals from midfield, in a game where their strikers didn't look like scoring, when does our midfield do that?

Our midfield seems to work in fits and starts and is not properly feeding the forwards or, other than Frutos, having regular pops at goal.

I just can't see where are our goals to win those 7 are going to come from?

But of course I hope that you are right.

:albion:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it wasn't for McGhee we could be up there with Reading, we have the players, the stadium and the fans but that lardy jocko clown has ruined it for us this season :rolleyes:

well that's about as sensible as all the bollocks blaming McGhee that we are down the bottom of the table isn't it??? Where the **** did you expect us to be??

and in answer to Harty's question, no we can't, we just have to pray that the two teams below us do worse and one of the ones above us does a lot worse :(

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Harty said:
I still think we can stay up by winning 7 out of the next 14 games.
Am I the only one who thinks we can do it?
:lolol: :lolol: We've only won 5 all season and now we've got to win half of our remaining games! MM doesn't even know our best strike partnership.
Sorry Ian, i for one don't share your optimism.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sat 11 15:00 H Leicester City FLC
Tue 14 19:45 A Norwich City FLC
Sat 18 15:00 H Watford FLC
Sat 25 15:00 A Crewe FLC
March
Sat 4 15:00 A Plymouth FLC
Sat 11 15:00 H Preston FLC
Sat 18 15:00 A QPR FLC
Sat 25 15:00 H Luton Town FLC
April
Sat 1 15:00 A Millwall FLC
Sat 8 15:00 H Southampton FLC
Sat 15 15:00 A Ipswich Town FLC
Mon 17 15:00 H Sheffield Wed FLC
Sat 22 15:00 A Wolves FLC
Sun 30 13:30 H Stoke City FLC

Can't see it at all, we've only won 5 all season.

1066gull

Ernest said:
A more telling point would be to see how many games the last 7 wins took and it must be more than 50 so to suggest we have a chance of getting 7 wins out of 14 with the present squad is crackers :angry: :rolleyes: :angry:
:censored:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
6 wins and 2 draws..

Wins:
Leicester
Watford
Crewe
Millwall
Sheffield Wed
Stoke City

Draws:
Luton Town
QPR

49 points... which (controversially) i think will be enough

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Even I don't think we can win 7 out of 14 games but can Leicester, Crewe, Millwall & Wednesday?
We only need to be one point ahead of those teams.
Blaming McGhee is ridiculous. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear especially when you have injuries and inexperienced players.
Hopefully we can use loan players to boost our chances so here's hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here