Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7/7 What were you doing this morning a year ago?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
eastlondonseagull said:
f***ing hell Willow, that must have been terrible. Have you been offered counselling or any such after-care?

No mate, no need for any of that, it shook the missus up when she found out more than it did me. Also, I was in the front carriage so was one of the first out.

Thanks for your concern though, btw you may remember me, we met in that posh bar by the station in Hull last year.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Out on a road trip to the North West, left the hotel in Manchester to travel back to Gloucester and heard that there were problems on the tube, something to do with a power surge. Went to visit a client in Stoke on the way, she had the TV on, it then began to sink in exactly what had happened. Travelled back south on the M6 towards Brum, they had signs up saying that London was closed, totally bizarre.

Spent quite a few hours worrying about my brother who works at St Pancras, his job regularly takes him into the underground system in that part of London, didn't find out until late evening that he was OK.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Willow said:
No mate, no need for any of that, it shook the missus up when she found out more than it did me. Also, I was in the front carriage so was one of the first out.

Thanks for your concern though, btw you may remember me, we met in that posh bar by the station in Hull last year.

Bloody hell, I remember! How are you fella? Hope all's good. You off to Forest away? Maybe see you up there :thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...um hooters, not sure how good it is, the place certainly has plenty of knockers!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
In Lisbon on a weekend away with the other half. We had to 'phone work and families to let them know we weren't in London and find out if everybody was OK.

32 messages on the answerphone when we got back from people trying to find us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got up at 5 and caught the 05:50 Shoreham to Gatwick then flight to Manchester Airport.

When I got to Manchester my manager told me what had happened - fortunately everyone was safe and OK at the office in Kings Cross.

I think Mrs Hut was very upset as I had forgotten to tell her I was not going to London that day and the mobile network ceased to work I think due to capacity issues.

Very sad day - RIP :angel:

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was asleep having just finished being on nights - woke up at 3pm to find out about it all!!

I then travelled up to Leeds on the FRIDAY, very very sad going through Kings Cross mainline, 24 hours after it happened.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Willow said:
Yep, I'll be there, keen to try out this Hooters establishment I've been hearing about. :)
Will have to have a couple in there, it's my stag weekend that weekend :) Though the main thing's happening in London on the Sunday :(

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a stupid question. Who gives a shit.

The more we talk about all this the more additional publicity it is for the morons who did it and their supporters.

We should just shut the f*** up about it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was delivering in London, moaning like hell because the cops wouldn't let me go past Edgeware Road tube station. Well I didn't know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was sitting in y office in city road....we had capital radio on. Which we always do and they were reporting power surges on the tunes.

we received a call from our Police contacts who said that this was not the case and all hell broke loose.

We had loads of companies using our services who had been denied access to our buildings and from the Russell Square bomb, we had people from the offices directly next to where the bus went up. One bloke was telling us about the things left splattered around the walls and on his desk was the remains on an arm!

We coped with upwards of 250 very traumatised ( but thanfully not injured) people.

I took the decision to mis a meeting that morning at Oxford St and my tube from Old Street would have gone through Kings Cross around the time teh bombs went off.

I will always remember that day and my one piece of advice would be - Live each day to the full and savour life - you never know when someone is going to take it from you

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
goldstone said:

The more we talk about all this the more additional publicity it is for the morons who did it and their supporters.

you really are very strange person indeed.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
goldstone said:

Quite a lot of people obviously.

Not surprised someone had to say something like that :shootself

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looking after my uncles dog in Barnet when he went into hospital for a minor operation.

His operation was cancelled because of the bombs and I got stuck up there.

I went up again to look after his dog for the rescheduled operation and got stuck up there again as the second "bombers" stuck.

Not often something says this but the bus drivers that day were remarkable.

Winding windows down and stopping their buses to give advice to mainly very confused tourists. They got everyone home that night.

What I remember more is the Stockwell shooting, since I was on the opposite platform getting on a train as they shot the bloke.

I didn't see anything, must have missed it by seconds. I was standing where he was maybe 30 seconds before as I chose to get the Victoria Line instead of the Northern (the different lines being on opposite sides of the concourse, which is an oddity of Stockwell).

The next day I was called over by the Coffee Shop bloke, since I was having my usual chat with him before I went down. He asked me what had happened down there, and I said I was going to ask you the same thing up here.

He didn't see anyone jump the barriers and his little shop is right next to them.

I knew then something was very, very odd. I spoke to the bloke at the newspaper kiosk opposite and again he asked what I had seen because he remembered selling a newspaper just before. He didn't see the bloke run either.

Anyway - terrible few days for all concerned. The dedications from all the religions and races in London layed in the little garden next to Kings Cross were remarkable and will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
clapham_gull said:
Looking after my uncles dog in Barnet when he went into hospital for a minor operation.

His operation was cancelled because of the bombs and I got stuck up there.

I went up again to look after his dog for the rescheduled operation and got stuck up there again as the second "bombers" stuck.

Not often something says this but the bus drivers that day were remarkable.

Winding windows down and stopping their buses to give advice to mainly very confused tourists. They got everyone home that night.

What I remember more is the Stockwell shooting, since I was on the opposite platform getting on a train as they shot the bloke.

I didn't see anything, must have missed it by seconds. I was standing where he was maybe 30 seconds before as I chose to get the Victoria Line instead of the Northern (the different lines being on opposite sides of the concourse, which is an oddity of Stockwell).

The next day I was called over by the Coffee Shop bloke, since I was having my usual chat with him before I went down. He asked me what had happened down there, and I said I was going to ask you the same thing up here.

He didn't see anyone jump the barriers and his little shop is right next to them.

I knew then something was very, very odd. I spoke to the bloke at the newspaper kiosk opposite and again he asked what I had seen because he remembered selling a newspaper just before. He didn't see the bloke run either.

:nono: Did he, or you to that matter, ever get asked to give a statement?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here