Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7/7 What were you doing this morning a year ago?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
funnily enough I was sitting in the same chair , at the same desk , reading NSC. Got family up there and was daunting as couldn't get through on the phone. Thankfully all ok but thoughts with those not so fortunate

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Was in NZ and about to go to bed when I saw on the news what had happened. Didn't get much sleep that night, London looked a very long way away on the telly. RIP.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I know one should count one's blessings on a day like this so I was - thankfully - sitting in a shit office in total silence (as was the norm there), working for shit, crooked, racist employers.

The BBC website was still saying that there had been a "power surge" when a broker I was chatting to on the phone told me he was a bit scared because a mate of his had just seen a bus blow up in (as he said) Trafalgar Square.

As my shocked colleagues and I ran to the tellies in the office next door to watch armageddon unfolding, we were all hauled back to our desks by a boss showing an admirable sense of perspective by yelling "can we ALL STOP WATCHING TELLY AND CONCENTRATE ON GETTING THIS QUARTERLY REPORT OUT!!" at Londoners concerned about their friends and families. I should have thumped him hard in the face, I really should.

Eventually - with Victoria having been sealed for 3-4 hours and the usual awful people berating the police for it - I was sent home. I thought a walk to Clapham Junction might be an idea and, as I passed through Battersea Park, the biggest army helicopter I've ever seen passed about 150 feet above - it was bringing Blair back from the G8 summit.

There we are - thankfully, nothing too dramatic at all for me. Memorable though. Poor sods who didn't make it, normal people just like the rest of us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
stuck at work in London Wall not doing a lot, apart from reading NSC and watching sky and BBC news. Thanking my lucky stars that I hadn't travelled later that day as I had avoided the mayhem coming into work reasonably early.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I was travelling to London for work on a later train than normal. By the time I had arrived at Victoria the carnage had already begun.

I went to get to the underground to find it shut and the que for the buses were immense but no one at this time knew what was going on. I finally got on a bus and people were chatting and speculating about what was going on. Some americans were joking that this was typical in showing London up the day after getting the Olympics. Another was saying he heard reports that there was a big explosion at Liverpool Street and it could be a bomb...I stood there thinking "yeah, right!!"

I eventually made it into the office and things started unfolding. I then spent the afternoon in the pub until they re-opened Victoria and got a train home.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was staying with my Grandad whilst recovering from some time in hospital.

My mum rang up to see how I was and asked me "Have you heard about London?". Having not had the TV on all day, I assumed she was asking whether I'd heard about us winning the 2012 Olympics.

I soon found out that I was sadly mistaken...

7/7/2005 - Never forget

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
hove born&bred said:
Is that Mr Gardner he is very good friends with a close friend of mine can't think of his christian amazingly positive bloke.

Yes, David Gardner.

My colleague says he's being incredibly positive about it.

He always was a nice guy and a great laugh down the pub and, by the sounds of it, still is.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Desparatly trying to get hold of the missis who was working up in Angel that day, it wasn't a nice experiance..

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I was playing my first game of golf for about ten years at the course up the Devils Dyke. We then had lunch at the Royal Oak at Poynings - and knew nothing of it till we arrived home mid-afternoon to receive anguished calls from our daughter from Newquay (post-GCSE's) who after a week of lack of sleep thought we may have gone to London.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
At the time of the first reports, I was getting ready to leave Dover on the 10.07 from Dover Priory to Victoria.

As soon as I heard the news, I looked at my folks and summed up that London needed to sort itself out first, before i even thought about travelling home.

My thoughts today are with all those that were and are still involved.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Woke up around 9, turned on the TV and saw it all on the news, went down stairs to whack on Sky News and saw it all, then went to meet my nan

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I was trapped in the train directly parallel to the bombed train at Edgeware Rd. The smell of fumes and dust in that tunnel were wretched and the screams for help will live with me forever. :nono: We were evacuated out the front of the drivers carriage, which was all smashed up, and walked down the tunnel to the station. What I remember quite clearly is how long it took before any emergency services turned up, which goes against what was reported in the media.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
at college, watching events unfold on the bbc website

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Willow said:
I was trapped in the train directly parallel to the bombed train at Edgeware Rd. The smell of fumes and dust in that tunnel were wretched and the screams for help will live with me forever. :nono: We were evacuated out the front of the drivers carriage, which was all smashed up, and walked down the tunnel to the station. What I remember quite clearly is how long it took before any emergency services turned up, which goes against what was reported in the media.

f***ing hell Willow, that must have been terrible. Have you been offered counselling or any such after-care?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Willow said:

Gosh! You must have been in the same train as my ex-flatmates friend. She refuses to tube it now. Tried once but couldn't move her feet through the barriers - she now walks or gets a bus.

Hope you are not too down today.

:thumbsup: Keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here