Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7/7 What were you doing this morning a year ago?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Personally, I was on my way into town to interview SAS man Andy McNab at a hotel near Tavistock Square - ironically, I suppose, to talk about potential terrorism and the London Olympics.

I turned back when reports came in that there'd been huge powercuts on the tube network and that nothing was running. Couldn't believe the news that then began to unfold.

RIP everyone who died. And my thoughts to all the survivors.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Amazing piece on Breakfast TV just now, btw, about a bloke who'd been sat opposite the Edgware Road bomber and who was blown out of the tube onto the track from the explosion. Lost both his legs and an eye. Heart stopped three times. Shocking.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I recall having a late start (but didn't have the news on) so went into College for History as usual - some murmerings about a gas explosion. One person reckoned it was a bomb but not a lot was thought of it....

Went to the computers to find out that all the main sites were down - got hold of the news on sky eventually and went on Brightonfans.com (NSC was down) with Scotty M to work out what had happened.

A sad day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was on the way to London for a job interview in Camden. We got as far as Victoria when the train got turned away. Ended up in East Croydon (of all places) for about an hour as the station got evacuated when we were all waiting for a train. Finally set off back home having missed the interview until there was a bomb scare in Brighton station. Got the train in @ 8.30 got back to Brighton @ 3.30. New interview, didn't get the job.

I was in touch with my Dad as he works in London - got a text message as we passed Clapham Junction - "Get the :censored: out of London" (He never swears)

Managed to get hold of my Uncle who works in Tavistock square and couldn't get hold of my friend who takes one of the affected routes - He was asleep in bed with a nasty hangover.

Pain in the arse but nothing in comparisan to the days of many invovled and fatally injured in the blasts.

A friend of a friend was on a tube passing another that exploded and she hasn't been on one since. She tried but failed. Couldn't get herself past the barrier.

RIP :angel:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was in work. Heard the bus explosion from our office.

Only found out last month that a former work colleague was on one of the tube trains and lost a leg - just a few weeks after becoming a father. Another former colleague saw him last week and said that he was being amazingly positive.

Thoughts are with him and all who died or were injured.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
I usually work 15 minutes walk from Kings Cross but was on holiday in Croatia last year. I started getting a series of text messages asking if I was alright and could not, initially, understand why I was getting them.

Thankfully no one at my work was killed or injured.

All sympathies to the families of those killed or injured.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Was in Portugal watching it on BBC news 24 and franticallly trying to get hold of my Dad who spends 80% of his day on Edgware Road.

I was one of the lucky ones.

7/7/05 - We shall never forget.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wasn't working in London a year ago today, although I was very worried as my brothers office is just outside Aldgate tube station. I started in London about two weeks after the event, and as Barnet says, it was a tad quiet on the tube this morning.

I was concerned watching the Al-Queda video last night though, when someone was shown circling Victoria station on a map.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
I was in work in East london, sitting at my desk and one of the drivers came in and said there has been an accident on the underground caused by power surge. No one knew what the real reason was.

D

Deleted User X18H

It was my first day back from 3 week honeymoon I was going through my E mails when we saw a commotion outside Aldgate tube within 10 minutes we were evacuated to a pub in St Mary Axe, when unfounded rumours of a bus exploding in Bevis Marks started circualting we all made our way home...........................!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Sat on Goldsmith Ward at the Royal London willing my little girl to wake up.

Didn't really realise what had happened until lunchtime when the staff were talking about the shift change and emergencies and stuff.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
pasty said:

I was concerned watching the Al-Queda video last night though, when someone was shown circling Victoria station on a map.

The Al-Queda propoganda machine is in full flow now.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
My girlfriend is an occupational therapist, and she was working at Newham General Hospital at the time. They spent all morning discharging patients to free-up beds, and clearing out all the offices so they could be used as make-shift morgues. We're still so unaware of how much stuff went on behind the scenes.

D

Deleted User X18H

Gwylan said:
Was in work. Heard the bus explosion from our office.

Only found out last month that a former work colleague was on one of the tube trains and lost a leg - just a few weeks after becoming a father. Another former colleague saw him last week and said that he was being amazingly positive.

Thoughts are with him and all who died or were injured.
Is that Mr Gardner he is very good friends with a close friend of mine can't think of his christian amazingly positive bloke.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I remember being annoyed because we were still on a high after the Olympic result.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sitting in my office in Leicester Square listening to wailing sirens for the best part of 3 hours wondering what the f*** was going on.

Was a very grim walk home later in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here