Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£62 Linesman Stood Down For Next Match

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
He's been stopped from officiating West Brom v QPR this week.

What's going on?!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Madness:nono:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm not surprised, but sucks all the same.

He should be promoted to 4th Official or something.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Because he speaks the truth and the FA don't like the truth (especially when it comes to money)

sounds a bit of a busy cnt to be honest. its not the law to applaud fans and its not his club and hes not in charge of the fella. he may have a point but hes hardly some sort of hero to the people just by being a smart arse.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Personally I take my hat off to him.....too many footballers have little or no connection with the club they play for, club traditions and lastly the fans.....so it doesn't hurt for the little darlings to be reminded to say thank you to their supporters ffs, even if it is a match official who does it :eek:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Ridiculous

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I heard his words and got the impression that they were in reply to some of the comments the Man City players were making to officials at the end of the game over the Kompany sending off. Might be way off track with that though.........it has been known.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He put his head above the parapet and became the news story.

It may well be the wrong decision, but you can see why they made it.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I heard his words and got the impression that they were in reply to some of the comments the Man City players were making to officials at the end of the game over the Kompany sending off. Might be way off track with that though.........it has been known.

I was going to say, compared to how much sh1t the ref and linesman have to put up with every week, it's a bit rich for anybody, whether players or the FA, to start getting precious about it.

The linesman was merely pointing something out, not giving him an order - and whether or not that makes him a jumped-up little toad or not, it's stupid to suspend him for the games this week.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
When Loic Remy says he's not joing QPR, then turns down Newcastle as QPR offer more money? thats madness, enjoy relegation French Boy! footballers need bringing down a peg of two, and the Lino was spot on in my opinon

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Stand him down for what? Reminding overpaid foorballers that they have some responsibility to the fans who fork out lots of money to them play.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Stand him down for what? Reminding overpaid foorballers that they have some responsibility to the fans who fork out lots of money to them play.

This, we all moan about ticket prices dont we? £62! for a game of football is day light robbery, his comment was just high lighting that view.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
An unguarded moment, failing to toe the party line when he happened to have a camera in his face, and he's being punished for daring to have an opinion. That, and the removal of the City fans' banners shows that any dissent from those who see the realities of The Greatest League In The World™ is clearly not going to be tolerated.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Rightly so, and he should be stood down for a couple of premiership games as well. He said something which was completely out of line and uncalled for. Those Manchester City fans had enough entertainment as it is. They didn't need to be congratulated by the players, they paid for a football match not to be applauded by those on the pitch.

The linesman was getting involved in something which was not something he should comment on. He got £350 to referee that match (+ expenses) and should do his job. There are plenty of other people out there willing to climb into the lino position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here