Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£62 Linesman Stood Down For Next Match

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
The Man City players would have applauded the fans anyway, happens every match.

Linesman addressing the players as if it is their fault seems a bit misguided - he is as much of a beneficiary of the state of english football as they are.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Apologies if discussed elsewhere, but I picked up from the football weekly podcast that the POLICE ordered the Man City fans to take down banners protesting about the ticket prices. I'm not entirely sure what law they were breaking!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, how is it Lescotts fault how much Arsenal chose to charge the away fans? Secondly, the linesman has to be impartial and making comments like that would open them up to criticism is they had to make a controversial decision against City.

How many of the sanctimonious posters complaining about players wages actually contribute to the problem by subscribing to Sky Sports?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I said this on the other thread but can anyone tell me if the Man City players were just walking off?

It looked to me like they were just shaking hands with the officials at the end of the game, as they do, and so, how the frig did he know they were NOT going to acknowledge the fans after that?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Apologies if discussed elsewhere, but I picked up from the football weekly podcast that the POLICE ordered the Man City fans to take down banners protesting about the ticket prices. I'm not entirely sure what law they were breaking!

Doubt they were breaking any law ... probably obscuring some pitchside advertising board (that would never do) and it all got heavy handed.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
He represents the FA as well as referees. Therefore, his comments about ticket pricing may well be justified and true but he should not express them while representing the FA and at work. Especially when its not a subject the FA will want to be seen to have an opinion on.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The linesman acted very strangely in saying what he said. Very odd thing to do and deserves to be stood down for being a weirdo imho.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
sounds a bit of a busy cnt to be honest. its not the law to applaud fans and its not his club and hes not in charge of the fella. he may have a point but hes hardly some sort of hero to the people just by being a smart arse.

I still remember the BINFEST on NSC after Nicky Forster did not applaud the fans on his first league game for the club away at Crewe. Forster was crucified before he even scored a goal for us!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wonder whether MOTD would have made a feature of this had if they thought for one moment it might affect his career. I suspect they ran it as nothing more than a light-hearted colour piece - which is what it is.

A ludicrous decision to stand him down. By doing this they've made him a target for the Arsenal boo-boys, so his next match involving the Gunners at The Emirates will be interesting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I still remember the BINFEST on NSC after Nicky Forster did not applaud the fans on his first league game for the club away at Crewe. Forster was crucified before he even scored a goal for us!

Even worse was the verbal attack on Murray at Brentford. It was on Nsc for days, if not weeks, following that match.

D

Deleted member 18477

does he support city? i mean why would he actually give 2 shits if the city players clapped their fans at the end of the game... or maybe he hates arsenal... just a thought...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
In other lines-person related news, Sian Massey was superb at the weekend. Am thinking of making her an honorary DAFT Bint.

Premier League - Twitter erupts with praise for Sian Massey after another correct call - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Cool as you like in the face of the inevitable chorus of 'you don't know what you're doing'.

Am i right in thinking she is the youngest Linesperson in the PL? She must be at least 10 times as athletic as some of the old codgers you see huffing and puffing their way up and down the line.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Quelle suprise, OB sticking their oar in where it's not needed. :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He represents the FA as well as referees. Therefore, his comments about ticket pricing may well be justified and true but he should not express them while representing the FA and at work. Especially when its not a subject the FA will want to be seen to have an opinion on.

Really ?

In such circumstances what a better world we would be in if people said what they thought rather than acting like a robot and hiding behind more pseudo management psycho babble.

Someone within the football industry thinking and expressing something wrong with the football industry.

Arrest him now.

"Not to be seen to have an opinion"

How very very depressing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here