Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 wins in 47 games...

Referee!!! said:
And some people think Magoo's doing a good job?

:nono:

Not some people, loads of people fella :salute: :salute:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ok people are using the back end of last season.

Lets say 5 wins in 34 games then that discounts the virgs, currie, cullip argument.

Then you play the best of a bad bunch. Making one or two minor changes. Not wholesale changes week after week.

Ok that's fair enough.

I don't think it discounts virgs though as we expected him to be here for the season...but thats by the by now.

I don't think he's made wholesale changes each week,the centre-backs have been the same all season,the midfield has been pretty much the same all season except for injuries and suspensions and our fullbacks have been injured (dodd) or just poor (mayo).

Striking department i agree with you but i honestly dont know who i'd play week in week out, we need goals and i guess he's gotta try everything...if hart had scored last night and we'd gone onto win,we wouldnt be having this conversation....as has been the case in virtually every away game,mostly it's been hammond,frutos or chippy missing the chances though!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: 6 wins in 47 games...

London Irish said:

Make that nobody except the regular Dick Knight arse wipes. Even people who don't have any direct interest in the club, but know about football think he is a clown. :censored:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
3gulls said:

Yes,yawn,very good. So where's your proof that we're on a slide towards the conference exactly?!

If sheff wed lose at cov (probable) and then on saturday (possible) and we beat watford (without their 1st choice and very good goalkeeper and their 2nd top scorer) then we'd be 3 points off safety, still having to play wednesday...so until we're 21st in league one i think your point is rather invalid.

Just incase you don't understand that, here's something you might understand: :yawn:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Referee!!! said:
And the arse lickers think Magoo's doing a good job?

:nono:

Most 'arse lickers' would not say that he was doing a good job, but doing the job as well as it can possibly be done.

Have people forgotten that we are not mathematically down?

Look at Milwall's resources and we're above them!

Last edited:

Re: Re: Re: 6 wins in 47 games...

Trigger said:
Less and less people with each passing game.

Nice Freudian slip :lolol:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
The last few years have shown us to be a yo-yo club between LG1 and CCC. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season, stumbling over the finishing line draw by draw, but stay up we did. It feels different this year, and I would not be surprised to see us slide into LG1 at the end of the season.

Mcghee was the right man for the job in 03/04 - promoted. he was the right man for the job last year - survival. If we get relegated this year then it can legitimately be asked if he is taking the team (as opposed to the club) forwards.

Regardless of the performance of the first team, I'm positive about the young players that we are producing, and also pleased that they're getting an opportunity in the first team. This is how Virgo and Harding made their name and Mcghee was also the one to spot the potential in the not-at-all-youthful Currie.

Despite the fact that we are having a disappointing season, I still think he's done more right than wrong. I'm in no way suggesting that he's going to be our Ferguson or Gradi, but I do think that it gives stability to the club to avoid chopping and changing managers. Plus, his managership coincides with one of the most succesful periods for the youth team. I'm not suggesting that he is due the credit for producing these lads himself, but he has provided for a well-trodden path to the first team from the youth where other managers have not.

I dread to think what sort of state the club would be in had we not generated the revenue on the back of the sales of Harding, Virgo, Currie and also Cullip.

:thud:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: 6 wins in 47 games...

London Irish said:

Not according to the LATEST poll there's not.

gerbil said:

What's nerds' polls got to do with? :dunce:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Re: Re: 6 wins in 47 games...

London Irish said:
What's nerds' polls got to do with? :dunce:

didn't stop you referring to them when the Magoo in crowd were ahead did it? :dunce:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6 wins in 47 games...

gerbil said:
didn't stop you referring to them when the Magoo in crowd were ahead did it? :dunce:

Thats london Irish all over bless him

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

gerbil said:

Do you actually realise the percentage of fans that posted on that pole compared to how many we have?

It is NOT representative!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

fake slim said:
Do you actually realise the percentage of fans that posted on that pole compared to how many we have?

Again, it didnt stop the pro mcghees going by them

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

fake slim said:

Polls always seem to be quoted when they agree with what someone says.
For example good old Paddy always banging on about them when the Magoo in side is ahead.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
acrossthepond said:
The last few years have shown us to be a yo-yo club between LG1 and CCC. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season, stumbling over the finishing line draw by draw, but stay up we did. It feels different this year, and I would not be surprised to see us slide into LG1 at the end of the season.

Mcghee was the right man for the job in 03/04 - promoted. he was the right man for the job last year - survival. If we get relegated this year then it can legitimately be asked if he is taking the team (as opposed to the club) forwards.

Regardless of the performance of the first team, I'm positive about the young players that we are producing, and also pleased that they're getting an opportunity in the first team. This is how Virgo and Harding made their name and Mcghee was also the one to spot the potential in the not-at-all-youthful Currie.

Despite the fact that we are having a disappointing season, I still think he's done more right than wrong. I'm in no way suggesting that he's going to be our Ferguson or Gradi, but I do think that it gives stability to the club to avoid chopping and changing managers. Plus, his managership coincides with one of the most succesful periods for the youth team. I'm not suggesting that he is due the credit for producing these lads himself, but he has provided for a well-trodden path to the first team from the youth where other managers have not.

I dread to think what sort of state the club would be in had we not generated the revenue on the back of the sales of Harding, Virgo, Currie and also Cullip.

:thud:
:clap2: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here