• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Done

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Looked at the answer on internet - I disagree with it surely it is BIDMAS A before S

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm not sure I got this correct.

However what I did learn in maths was how to write BOOBLESS and BOOBIES on a calculator, which I would say is much more helpful in real life than being able to work this sum out.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Looked at the answer on internet - I disagree with it surely it is BIDMAS A before S

A and S means A OR S. if you are left with a subraction THEN an addition, you just calculate left to right, you don't do the addition first. This is the reason people are disputing it, because they are WRONG.

Last edited:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I'm not sure I got this correct.

However what I did learn in maths was how to write BOOBLESS and BOOBIES on a calculator, which I would say is much more helpful in real life than being able to work this sum out.

Not forgetting ESSO of course! :lol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Jeeezus Christ! The inhabitants have taken over the Asylum! Wot the feck are you lot on about. Is it that special nod-nod-wink-wink thing with a special hand-shake?
Hopefully when football returns to our lives all this nonsense will go down the nearest drain! :sick:

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
A and S means A OR S. if you are left with a subraction THEN an addition, you just calculate left to right, you don't do the addition first. This is the reason people are disputing it, because they are WRONG.

if you think of subtraction as just the addition of negative numbers, ie. 5 - 3 is 5 + (-3), it doesnt matter what order it is done in as addition is associative. eg. 1 - 2 + 3 = 1 + (-2) + 3 = 2 whether you do the 1 + (-2) first or the (-2)+3 first. similarly division can be thought of as multiplication by a fraction, ie. 4/2 = 4 x (1/2) = 2, and a similar thing applies. so when it comes to BODMAS it could easily have been BOMDAS or BOMDSA or BODMSA, but BODMAS probably sounded better.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
if you think of subtraction as just the addition of negative numbers, ie. 5 - 3 is 5 + (-3), it doesnt matter what order it is done in as addition is associative. eg. 1 - 2 + 3 = 1 + (-2) + 3 = 2 whether you do the 1 + (-2) first or the (-2)+3 first. similarly division can be thought of as multiplication by a fraction, ie. 4/2 = 4 x (1/2) = 2, and a similar thing applies. so when it comes to BODMAS it could easily have been BOMDAS or BOMDSA or BODMSA, but BODMAS probably sounded better.

Ok, stand corrected.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I got it right, but I am a Maths teacher at a secondary school. If I have got the wrong answer then please reveal this to the world on my behalf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here