Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6,000 to Barnsley?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seriously there is nothing to see in barnsley !!

I was there once for a business trip. We got out of my work colleague's car in the hotel carpark and within 10 seconds some bloke went up to him and smacked him in the face. This was about 5.00 on a weekday evening so it was unexpected to say the least - I still remember the name of the hotel, The Hotel Peraquito.

We had a good night though. Had a beer, went to see Barnsley beat Millwall 4-1, few more beers and a curry. Staggered by the number of young women on the streets wearing very little even though it was freezing.

There's really not much to see in Barnsley but there are some decent boozers - been to worse places.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If theres nothing there, its a good thing the stadium isnt far from the station !!! Have been told by a local the station even has a Subway, grab that when im off the train at 11.30 then straight to the stadium i think. Might stop off in London on the way back for a drink

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
i knew a girl (?) from there once, honestly , one of the most despicable human beings on this planet

I knew a girl from there once, Ann Butler (worked with her in jersey) a lovely young lady, very attractive, with a fab sense of humour and good drinking capacity

Stop over in sheffield anyone ?? Got to be a better night out than Barnsley ?

Ah yes. Sheffield. Spent many weeks there and many overnighters. Some great pubs, curry houses and superb Chinese restaurants. Hotels are good and reasonable too. Also stayed (for a bet) at the worlds worst B&B (The Hen and Chickens). Hot and cold running salmonella, lots of stuff being sold that fell off the back of a lorry, nothing but lager and curled up ham sandwiches- all for £10 a night (back in 2002).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely a champagne (or cava) breakfast should be the appropriate way to mark the end of a good season.

However the season pans out from here it will have been brilliant, so I have a suspicion there will be champagne at sometime during the day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely a champagne (or cava) breakfast should be the appropriate way to mark the end of a good season.

If we're celebrating at Barnsley, then it won't BE the end of the season...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't you think we can overtake the Stains, the Iron Hoofs and the Thames Valley Royals then?

I note your reference to Cava :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here