Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6,000 to Barnsley?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Early start as 12:30 KO

Barnsley is a great last day fixture considering the number of tix they can offer. Only Coventry would have been better IMO. Actually Coventry have already had three away followings of 6,000 visit their ground this season - Leicester, West Ham and Birmingham.

Don't forget Palace in that list !

:shootself sorry - that says 600 not 6,000 against their name - bad eyesight :lolol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I reckon I might well go whether or not we've got a playoff shout. Train's not horribly long, and quite cheap if you book in advance. Leave Brighton at 6am and get there at 10:40am, plenty of time to have a look around etc... Then train at 3:40pm, get back at 8:15pm. ~£20 each way with my railcard on an advance fair.

Seriously there is nothing to see in barnsley !!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Will there be 6,000 people willing to get up incredibly early and have a very long day ? Would have to be the first trains of the day too, which isnt a bad thing as they are always the cheaper ones. I think we will get a good crowd though, but hopefully we have the play-offs in the bag before this game.
It will be a party weekend pal and most will be staying over for a saturday night lash up.Its barnsley not burnley so the travel and kick-off time is not an issue for such a big game:)

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I agree that we may well receive lots of tickets for Barnsley but isn't that looking to far ahead.what about Blackpool on Saturday a very big game then forest the following Saturday (can accommodate a large following) then burnley before trips to west ham & Barnsley.
If we give good support for our next couple of away matches & can achieve good results then maybe the Barnsley match will be meaningless.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Michael Parkinson had better be there otherwise I will demand a refund

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
AwayFollowing2011-12.gif

Shows on there that their highest away attendance has been just over 5,000 from Leeds - shows theres over 3,000 if we take them so id be expecting these for general sale. I would have thought we would get 3,000 at first, then if those sell out then we would be given more.

I like the table, where did you get it from, or did you make it yourself?

Where are we going to get 6,000 flat caps?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We had this before - we apparently wouldn't take anything like 6,000 to Anfield because it was a late kick-off on a Sunday...

It all depends, of course. If we need a result to secure a play-off spot, then 6k plus... prob 7.5k if they are up for grabs. Obvs nothing like that if we are already in the play-offs or can't get into them!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here