Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 50 years ago today: Albion 2 Wolves 3 (FLC 3rd Round)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
first and only game I saw with my dad who was there to see Wolves ( he watched them in Midlands when family lived there). I think it was my first game aged 13. I remember the close miss rather than the goals. I am amazed by other people's memories of games.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
wol3.JPG

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I was there too, not long after arriving home from backpacking in Yugoslavia (you might remember it) and just having got my A Level results. I haven't seen Albion lose to Wolves since then, despite numerous visits to Molyneux.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It was prize giving night at Hove County Grammar School for boys. We could hear the crowd noise in the hall in Holmes Avenue. After we could leave a group of us raced across the playing fields and went out the exit onto Neville Avenue. We got in through the gates in the North Stand and managed to watch the final few minutes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It was prize giving night at Hove County Grammar School for boys. We could hear the crowd noise in the hall in Holmes Avenue. After we could leave a group of us raced across the playing fields and went out the exit onto Neville Avenue. We got in through the gates in the North Stand and managed to watch the final few minutes.

Yes, I got a detention for not turning up at the prizegiving. A rocking night at the Goldstone was well worth it,

I remember it well. My parents refused to let me go as it was a school night. :(
Blimey, with 7:30 kick-offs and 10-minute half times, the match wouldn't have finished much beyond 9:15. Where were you living, Rye??

There wouldn't have been extra time either which will also be the case tomorrow, but for depressingly different reasons.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Was there too great atmospheric night on a packed East Terrace - had though split feelings as Wolves were my favourite Div 1 team at the time - recall Wagstaffe killing us....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Luckily it was 2 years before I started at HGSB. And I don't remember ever attending prize giving, probably because I never won a prize :(

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Luckily it was 2 years before I started at HGSB. And I don't remember ever attending prize giving, probably because I never won a prize :(

All pupils were to attend prize giving regardless of whether they won a prize.

Only prize I ever won was Junior Woodwork prize some four years earlier.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I was there, went with a friend and his dad. Although a big night game, I seem to recall that it was still POTG and we started queuing to get in at around 5.30.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I was there. Great atmosphere. We had Alex Dawson up front and they played David Woodfield a centre half as centre forward. Had to queue for tickets before the game if I recall correctly.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I also want there

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here