Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Groundhog Day now - popular on NSC :lolol: :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I love Airplane, the Naked Gun films and Spy Hard.

Leslie Nielson >>> most

however, ghostbusters always has been, and always will be, my favourite film of all time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spinal Tap - never really rated this as that funny but each to their own

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
Not interested in RAWK then?

Never heard of it - explain

Funniest Footie related film: "Mike Bassett, England Manager" (not counting Albion's three Wembly appearances :ohmy: )

Others: Films with Richard Pryor (Strir Crazy excellent), Steve Martin (Trains Planes and Automobiles), John Clease (Clockwise) et. etc.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
somewhat taken aback that three of my guilty pleasures didn't make the list

Zoolander
Deuce Bigelow
&
Cool Runnings

and the absence of Raizing Arizona and The Big Lebowski is a f***ing DISGRACE

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And number 1...

Brian's mother: He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!

Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.

Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!

Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!

Brian: Now, f*** off!

[silence]
Arthur: How shall we f*** off, O Lord?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Like all these lists, they're ridiculously loaded in favour of recent films: how many films on the list are more than 20 years old? Seven? Eight? I can't be bothered to count but it's not many.

The trouble with such lists is that they're not made up by the general public but by people with access to the Internet and time to fill in such surveys.

A list that has only one Marx Brothers, no Chaplin, Keaton, Laurel and Hardy or WC Fields on it is a very strange list. And one that doesn't include Bringing up Baby (the film that I imagine would vie with Some Like it Hot for number one if the list was drawn up by film critics) is downright bizarre.

And what is the appeal of Austin Powers, a one-joke movie? And not a funny one at that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut said:
Never heard of it - explain
Hey, PHILADELPHIA, you kids RAAWWWK! If you know about rock, you'll appreciate the subtelties and in-jokes of This Is Spinal Tap.

"Yeah, he choked on vomit. No-one was sure whose vomit it was, though, cos you can't dust for vomit..."

But like you say, each to their own...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed to see that 'Animal House' and the original 'Producers' didn't even make the top 40.

No mention at all of 'Flesh Gordon'

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Where the f*** was the Big Lebowski? Easily the funniest film made in the last 20 years.

And I agree about it being far too reliant on more recent films. American Pie beating Some Like It Hot is absolutely laughable.

And the fact Shaun of the Dead made it to number 3 just shows you exactly the sort of people who've been voting on it. Good film, and I'm a big fan of Simon Pegg, but it's hardly up there with Airplane

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here