Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 year ban for violent Seagulls supporter

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Some good points made by wellquickwoody among others. The criminal justice system has got it wrong the way it deals with the unconvicted or the currently innocent. This is off the subject a little, but holding people on remand is wrong on many levels. Alot of innocent people lose everything job, house, marriage when held on remand when a high percentage of them are completely innocent. 5 years well ott just a slap on wrist would be suffice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I suppose this is a breach of his "human rights" then.
Quick. Lets call the lawyers in.

:rolleyes:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why is anyone jumping to this guys defence? Do you actually want knobbers like this sat next to you at games?

The guy has not contested the claims made about his actions, so that means he did them yeah. About time we cracked down on dicks who roll up to football games looking for a ruck and pretending to be double 'ard. The game has moved on, and anyone who hasn't noticed just need to be moved on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some good points made by wellquickwoody among others. The criminal justice system has got it wrong the way it deals with the unconvicted or the currently innocent. This is off the subject a little, but holding people on remand is wrong on many levels. Alot of innocent people lose everything job, house, marriage when held on remand when a high percentage of them are completely innocent. 5 years well ott just a slap on wrist would be suffice.

He accepted the accusations though didn't he. Or do I have that wrong? Ifhe had contested he would have been given a fair trial.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As I said before, with his history our club is sensible to refuse him entry to our ground and to not sell him tickets for away games.

To ban him from every football ground and make him report to his local police station when England are playing abroad is indefensible.

He has not been convicted of a criminal offence! As far as I can see.

Easy, this is aimed at you. Sussex Police advertise on local radio that people can telephone them to report dangerous/antisocial (hate that bollocks term) driving. I could repeatedly call and give your numberplate and report that you were doing the above. Maybe if I rang enough times they could ask for your driving licencse to be revoked - would that be fair?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Why is anyone jumping to this guys defence? Do you actually want knobbers like this sat next to you at games?

The guy has not contested the claims made about his actions, so that means he did them yeah. About time we cracked down on dicks who roll up to football games looking for a ruck and pretending to be double 'ard. The game has moved on, and anyone who hasn't noticed just need to be moved on.

Maybe his solicitor said to him it would be better if you accepted the charges. And he took his advice. We don't know the details, they don't print that sort of stuff in the papers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Prawn Sarnie Muncher = First in the queue!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I could repeatedly call and give your numberplate and report that you were doing the above. Maybe if I rang enough times they could ask for your driving licencse to be revoked - would that be fair?

If the reports were founded, investigated, found to be true, he was accused and offered a plea of no contest then yes, totally fair. You seem to think this young man has been plucked at random, accused and forced into some kind of confession. He has been made an example of and if you act up and put yourself in the public eye for anti social behaviour, get called on it and made an example of then you pretty much asked for it. He's not Nelson Mandela, he is a young idiot that got caught being a pain in the arse and punished. Good.

mr slim

Jan 26, 2010
as a friend of josh i will say he has no convictions so 5yrs is out of order.dont worry they wont stop us

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As I said before, with his history our club is sensible to refuse him entry to our ground and to not sell him tickets for away games.

To ban him from every football ground and make him report to his local police station when England are playing abroad is indefensible.

Easy, this is aimed at you. Sussex Police advertise on local radio that people can telephone them to report dangerous/antisocial (hate that bollocks term) driving. I could repeatedly call and give your numberplate and report that you were doing the above. Maybe if I rang enough times they could ask for your driving licencse to be revoked - would that be fair?

He is also banned from going into Brighton 3hrs before a game and 6hrs after a game, so he can't even go out on a Saturday night (well he could go out after 11 I spose).

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Its amazing that the police have allowed him four years before taking any action, in that time any of us could have been assaulted by this hooligan,Withdean will be a safer place without him.

Yes because Withdean sends a shiver down my spine while I shit myself with fear ha ha. Oh well we can all watch the seagulls for five years safe in the knowledge that this mild nuisance will not bother any well trained and well payed policemen so they can deal with the real crimes of the modern game - standing at football!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Oh for christs sake this is getting ridiculous. I would assume your photos would have to prove I was doing something dangerous / antisocial for anything to come of it, would they not.

They presented evidence - EVIDENCE - of this bloke contributing to violence on 13 separate occasions. He contested NONE of this, so they clearly had him bang to rights. Now he's taking his medicine for being a dickhead.

So they should have let him off eh ? Tap on the wrist and all that. How about if this cretin lamped you one this Saturday at the Tranmere game ? And you then found out he'd just been up in front of the beak for 13 other counts of violence ? Would you want to be number 14 ? How liberal would you be to his rights then ?

Sheesh.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Look, if he hadn't kept on acting like a NOBBER, he wouldn't be banned would he.
Its not difficult or challenging to go to a football match and avoid behaving like a prick. One less shit-for-brains at the game, nice one. Hope they weed out a few more.

To mis-quote Bill Hicks, I'll be one place further up the queue to get into the ground.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Maybe his solicitor said to him it would be better if you accepted the charges. And he took his advice. We don't know the details, they don't print that sort of stuff in the papers.

Exactly.

Many years ago (yawn) I found mysely in court on a charge of 'obstruction' - nothing to do with football I may add . I went to court with every bone in my body telling me to plead not guilty. The prosecution solicitor offered to drop the charge if I accepted to be ' bound over' for one year. This seemed sensible as it meant no criminal record and there was no chance of me being involved in criminal behaviour as I never had been before.

After agreeing to his proposal imagine my surprise when he applied to the court that I should pay the prosecution's costs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here