Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Penalty game 1989

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have very little recollection of that game. I was very very ill.

Seem to recall a party in Little'ampton the night before.

Jul 5, 2003
Was at both games and also set off for Stamford Bridge the week before we played that famous Mullery game. Got to Victoria Station and there was a notice up to say that the game had been called off because of rain. Must have been really p---ing it down that day because I can't remember a single game at Withdean that was as bad as the night that we actually played at Stamford Bridge. Their pitch was a mud-bath.

Still it was worth it just to see Mr Mullery having a go. He was definitely the manager with the most heart for the club. Just a pit that Bedson, Campbell and their cohorts treated him so shabbily second time around.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Absolutely. Remember us all ironically screaming "Penalty!" every time a tackle went in on the half-way line. One of the most memorable away days I've ever had :)

My first ever AWAY match. Not a bad one to start off with. Ian Wrights fluked cross of a goal, Palarses penalty misses and Curbs showing them how its done. Sunny weather and we only lost by one.

Penalty!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Let me add another to those for whom this was their 1st away match. I took one of my lads.

I was at both the games. The Stanford Bridge one really wound us up and that, I reckon, was the time when really 'turned' it off the pich and chased Palace away. prior to that they had always been a bit scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here