Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Penalty game 1989

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did you also go to the cup replay at Stamford Bridge when Alan Mullery threw a few coins on the ground in front of the Palace fans and said ' that is what you are worth'.:lol::lol::lol:
I loved the photo splashed across the front page of the Argus the day after. Mullers giving V signs to the Palace crowd. Also the only time that Brighton can honestly say that they "took" the Shed. Ron Challis, the referee, was a disgrace to his profession that night.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I loved the photo splashed across the front page of the Argus the day after. Mullers giving V signs to the Palace crowd. Also the only time that Brighton can honestly say that they "took" the Shed. Ron Challis, the referee, was a disgrace to his profession that night.
Get over it! If it wasn`t for that game you would not have a rival club other than Seaford Town who are abysmal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did you also go to the cup replay at Stamford Bridge when Alan Mullery threw a few coins on the ground in front of the Palace fans and said ' that is what you are worth'.:lol::lol::lol:
I was there with mates from Varndean and even with it pissing down with rain there was still an brilliant atmosphere.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Brighton - always clutching at straws! I was there. People always forget about Wrighty's cracker because the penalty fun started soon after.

I was there...drinking in the Bedord afore the game.

After the game it was nice to be able to talk to our rival fans and exchange penpal addresses and recipes for Madeira cake.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I was there...drinking in the Bedord afore the game.

After the game it was nice to be able to talk to our rival fans and exchange penpal addresses and recipes for Madeira cake.
:D :drink: Have not stopped eating them since!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was there too. I have never been so angry at a ref, it was just ridiculous. I do remeber Wright's goal - from miles out on the left. I recall bricking it on the walk back to the station (I was only a nipper).

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I was there too. Ian Wright did look special...but who'd have guessed he would have the pick of prime time Saturday evenng entertainment shows a decade and a bit later.

Plus we looked well smart in our all yellow strip. Nice to see that combo being used again away from home.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Remember this game very well as it was my first ever albion game:lol:

was stuck in that corner with that stupid floodlight in the way,an amazing game in which i believe its still in the record books for the most penalties:rolleyes:

great goal by bright:rant:or was it wright mmmm:drink:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was there
Did palace use 5 different penalty takers cos they were all so bad - time has clouded my memory bur let's face it Morton gave them all the chances he could by sending off Trusson and then giving all the penalties and they still only won 2-1 !!
I remember we scored all of our one !!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was born... march 89 so I wasnt :( Bad fan :p

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was there. With them missing all the time it felt like a victory at the end. It was during the inflatable seagull era I believe.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace

poor old Brian Horton had to keep taking that penalty until he missed...:angry:
Didnt they bail Harkook(?) out of jail on the saturday game and the bastard scored

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here