Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th it is then

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Since we beat derby at the Amex last Tuesday we have sat & watched all the teams around us with games in hand make a mess of it.

Even after dropping 2 points at forest (although those of us that went to forest will probably see it as a point gained) we are still forth.

Then tonight both hull & boro don't take advantage of games in hand so we are still forth.

Is this a sign.

We are 4th on merit with 7 games to go its down to us

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Except if Birmingham win their game in hand

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Being 4th with 7 left to play is glorious.

But let's not forget we still have Reading, Middlesbrough and Birmingham to come to the Amex. It's in our hands, if we're going to end up in the play-offs, we're going to do have done it on merit, and the hard way. We have a tough run in, there's work to be done. But we're there because we're rather good.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Gallery4-35%20Firth%20of%20Forth%20Br.jpg

???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Go fourth and multiply....I mean.... err.... umm

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah - must admit I am starting to think now we have a genuine chance. Birmingham drawing with Cardiff on Sunday, then Pompey beating both Birmingham and Hull in their last two home games, Middlesbrough drawing tonight have been quite a surprise in my eyes. Cardiff and Hull seem to be out of form, so I reckon with the top 3 places already sorted (except for the order), it's 3 from us, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Blackpool, and possibly Cardiff. Going to be a cracking last 7 games.

My updated season-end prediction, after tonight's games:-

92 Southampton
86 Reading
------------------------------------------
85 West Ham United
73 Brighton & Hove Albion
73 Middlesbrough
72 Birmingham City
71 Blackpool
71 Cardiff City
69 Hull City

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I fancy us to beat the Smoggies on Saturday, draw at home to Reading and take all the points away from West Ham!!! That should be enough to cement a play off place... Am I mad? Probably, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens!

I fancy us to beat the Smoggies on Saturday, draw at home to Reading and take all the points away from West Ham!!! That should be enough to cement a play off place... Am I mad? Probably, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens!
Curiously ... I'm predicting fourth place, but I reckon this could be achieved with our next four games delivering not a single victory.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
My updated season-end prediction, after tonight's games:-

92 Southampton
86 Reading
85 West Ham United
73 Brighton & Hove Albion
73 Middlesbrough
72 Birmingham City
71 Blackpool
71 Cardiff City
69 Hull City

Have a feelling Middlesbrough may fall away. Watch out for Leicester sneeking in.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
I have been saying to my friends for a few weeks that there is no pressure on us - we are in a position that we could only have dreamed of at the begining of the season. However now that is in our own hands I am suddenly feeling nervous!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The six play offs contenders have temporarily become five with Hull yet again bombing out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here