Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

428 Albion at Leicester

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not a great turnout is it? We should all be ashamed.

Obviously lots of reasons why it was difficult, or pointless, to get to, but it's not a glowing advert for our away support.

I can't moan - don't blame the traffic if you are the traffic!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Obviously lots of reasons why it was difficult, or pointless, to get to, but it's not a glowing advert for our away support.

Can we blame the traffic if the traffic stopped people getting there?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Are you taking the piss?

428, a shut motorway, £23 to get in, Albion are shit, second away game in 3 days, a TUESDAY NIGHT IN LEICESTER?

f***ing SUPERB turnout i'd say. :clap:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I blame the fixture organisers.We could have had a local away game midweek,allowing our thousands of away supporters a chance to get to this more distant outpost on a weekend.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I believe that the club should be contacting Leicester City to claim compensation for those who were travelling and couldn't make the game. I am saying this because at the Hawthorns, they delayed the kick-off until 20.20 (a 35 minute delay), why couldn't Leicester do that as well to allow some fans who were stuck on the motorway more of a chance to arrive at the game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

If there are 'obviously lots of reasons why it was difficult' why are you saying we should all be ashamed?

I didn't go because I can't afford it at the moment, which I don't think is anything to be ashamed of.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Are you taking the piss?

428, a shut motorway, £23 to get in, Albion are shit, second away game in 3 days, a TUESDAY NIGHT IN LEICESTER?

Yeah I only just discovered this - it's a bloody good excuse I will admit!

Does this mean there'll be a load of Brighton fans coming back in a minute ranting about not getting to the game on time?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I believe that the club should be contacting Leicester City to claim compensation for those who were travelling and couldn't make the game. I am saying this because at the Hawthorns, they delayed the kick-off until 20.20 (a 35 minute delay), why couldn't Leicester do that as well to allow some fans who were stuck on the motorway more of a chance to arrive at the game.

It's not Leicester's fault though is it?

Was it the same accident that caused the West Brom delay? Fans travelling to Birmingham from Manchester would be on the M6 wouldn't they?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Are you taking the piss?

Completely agree, Over 500 at Cheltenham over 400 this evening, a great following considering our current form and a rushed journey back to the station for St Pancreas, If we had played them on a Saturday we would have taken well over a thousand.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yeah I only just discovered this - it's a bloody good excuse I will admit!

Does this mean there'll be a load of Brighton fans coming back in a minute ranting about not getting to the game on time?

Yep - 4 of the lads I know made the game with 11 minutes to go.

I forgot to mention credit crunch and the fact that on paper we were going to get a STUFFING.

Great turn out.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If there are 'obviously lots of reasons why it was difficult' why are you saying we should all be ashamed?

I didn't go because I can't afford it at the moment, which I don't think is anything to be ashamed of.

I wasn't being serious! I wasn't suggesting we all justify ourselves for not going! It just struck me as a fair bit lower than most predicted earlier in the week, obviously thee are multiple reasons why.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
It's not Leicester's fault though is it?

Was it the same accident that caused the West Brom delay? Fans travelling to Birmingham from Manchester would be on the M6 wouldn't they?

Well no it isn't, but I still believe that they could have attempted to do something about it, like delay the kick-off by 30 minutes? Although maybe that wouldn't have been such a good idea as people would have missed the train home :dunce:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
cant believe someone im guessing wasnt there is having a go at our away support !!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here