Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£42,000 per year and a Mercedes, why should I work?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone, and without exception, who tries to justify or apologise for oxygen wasters like this are tarring themselves with the same brush. People like this need to be taught that they are parasites on society and that normal working people will no longer accept it. Maybe we should bring back the workhouse for people like this.

And to everybody else I implore you to inform all relevant authorities if you believe your neighbours,friends or family are in anyway abusing the state welfare system, be it legally or morally, as they are stealing YOUR money.

Would I grass? Too f**king right I would!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The fact that for a minority of affected people, you're swapping one benefit for another, is not a reason not to change things.

I take your second point, so maybe you'd stop benefit once the second or third child reached 13. Not ideal, but something needs to discourage this reliance on the state.

Yes but it could be argued that the charming couple who sparked the debate are the exception and not the rule. Frankly, as somebody who has no children I could happily say that I don't think there should be any child benefit. However, the fact is that so many children turn to crime (and also the parents) because they cannot afford to live. There enough delinquents about as it is. The Americans have got this down so well that they have the highest number of people per capita behind bars of any country in the world. I would bet a lot of money that if they didn't have such a joke of a Welfare system this would not be the case. Of course on the other hand if we did start banging up people more at least they would be out there mugging us and burgling our homes and nicking our cars.

What annoys me is that the aforementioned couple get away with having kids that other people pay for. Some people have no shame but it's their legal right. The problem is what do you do ? Tell people that after they have a certain number of kids they need to be sterilised ? I wouldn't have a huge problem with that except it would rather infringe on their human rights and in so doing cost the tax payer even more in legal aid.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, I mean, if the government took the attitude of NWGull suggested it would lead to a short term added pressure. In the long term it would settle back into the current levels.

You're missing the point. How can they take kids into foster care when there aren't enough foster carers right now. There are kids 'at risk' staying with families as there's no where to place them - social workers are terrified there's going to be another Baby Peter - so how on earth is the system going to cope with hundreds (thousands) more kids? Neither you nor NWGull have suggested how to get round that problem.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You're missing the point. How can they take kids into foster care when there aren't enough foster carers right now. There are kids 'at risk' staying with families as there's no where to place them - social workers are terrified there's going to be another Baby Peter - so how on earth is the system going to cope with hundreds (thousands) more kids? Neither you nor NWGull have suggested how to get round that problem.

Workhouse.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Anyone, and without exception, who tries to justify or apologise for oxygen wasters like this are tarring themselves with the same brush. People like this need to be taught that they are parasites on society and that normal working people will no longer accept it. Maybe we should bring back the workhouse for people like this.

And to everybody else I implore you to inform all relevant authorities if you believe your neighbours,friends or family are in anyway abusing the state welfare system, be it legally or morally, as they are stealing YOUR money.

What would you do with them though ? I would be more than happy to see those people who get thrown out of council houses due to their behaviour all be put in a concentration camp on an island in the Outer Hebrides so that not only they will be with their own type but also away from the rest of society. However I can't see that happening as I'm sure it would be decidedly non PC.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Most normal working families only have 2 or maybe 3 kids because thats all they can afford and all they have room for.Its mainly the scummy scroungers that have all these kids and then those kids will be having more in their teens.God help us in 20 years time.

Yup, it's a massive generalisation but it just about nails it. Benefits should be claimed if you lose your job or become too ill to work. That's it, end of. Not as a lifestyle choice, but so many have got away with it for so long that they now know no other way.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I don't think these people have done anything wrong, rather, the state have.

If its there, take it. It's totally unjust and morally wrong, but its within the law what they are doing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think this is unreasonable. Sounds like a perfectly normal, happy family to me. Both parents are together, they can spend all their time at home looking after their children instead of wasting their time at work. They all look very well fed. The curtains have tiebacks, which illustrates they take some pride in their surroundings.

As taxpayers, we have to accept that some people have different values and choose different lifestyles to that of the 9-5 grind, and it is our duty in a civilised society to afford people those choices. This family have stumbled across a reasonably comfortable lifestyle, funded by the state, which means none of them go without and all of them can live happily together as a family unit, and can bring up their children as they want to, not dictated to by a work timetable. Its a shame they can't afford holidays as well, but then many people who work are in the same position in that respect.

Before judging people and casting aspersions, we should all take a step back and recognise that as adults, everyone has a choice how they want to live their life. We should be prepared to tolerate this and pay for it. Choice is liberty. Perhaps we should be paying MORE into the welfare state so that more folk such as these can enjoy the benefits this lifestyle choice can bring.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Has anyone here tried to justify or apologise for it (where 'it' is the behaviour of the couple in this specific case) ?

I don't think so.

I think people are just trying to rationalise how, as a nation, we are better able to deal with this. Short-term - is there much that could be done to this specific family that both...

- Gives hard-working non-claimants a sense of justice
- Does not jeopardise the welfare of the 7 (8, 9, 10...) children involved

I'm really not sure there is anything of significance that won't just be tokenism.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

What's scary about this is how serious the writer appears to be. The relentless lambasting of the underclass by this chap says a lot about their (lack of) character.

I feel the author of this text would be an ideal candidate for sterilisation.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
However I can't see that happening as I'm sure it would be decidedly non PC.

As I am decidedly non PC I couldn't give a f**k. Workhouse, prison, foster care, desert island, sterilisation, cull of scum, who cares.

And as the apologists bleat, 'but what about the innocent children?', unfortunately there will have to be a few sacrificial lambs. In time the cheating scum will learn.

D

Deleted User X18H

Well yes, that is one solution but I think that human civilisation has advanced a bit since the workhouse was in fashion. Should we bring back trial by ordeal and ducking stools as well?

For certain aspects of society yes.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What's scary about this is how serious the writer appears to be. The relentless lambasting of the underclass by this chap says a lot about their (lack of) character.

I feel the author of this text would be an ideal candidate for sterilisation.

Apologist for cheating scum.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you carry on with the hate and negative energy you possess, you're going to get yourself ill, son.

Oh I should join the happy, clappy club should I? Good, that's the nations finances sorted then.:D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is absolutely f***ing disgusting. 'Why should I work' indeed! An absolute disgrace the sort of thing I so hope Cameron sorts out asap. I wish I could claim benefits but can I f***. No I have spent what should be our retirement fund and my children's education to fund to live on. Because I cannot find a permanent job in my industry. But I have been prudent and invested wisely, oh and paid thousand of pounds in tax, so of course I can't claim bugger all. Sort it out Cam. Get scroungers like this cleaning the streets 14 hours a day if they want some cash.:rant:

I see, so as you cannot follow your chosen profession you feel that you have more rights than somebody who clearly has never had a well paid job ? Maggie would be proud of you however, what makes you so such that there are the sort of 'scroungers like this' are actually out there ? Why should I pay more tax to hep fund your children's education because you pissed it away on betting and season tickets to Albion ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As I am decidedly non PC I couldn't give a f**k. Workhouse, prison, foster care, desert island, sterilisation, cull of scum, who cares.

And as the apologists bleat, 'but what about the innocent children?', unfortunately there will have to be a few sacrificial lambs. In time the cheating scum will learn.

Top quality ranting :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here