Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£42,000 per year and a Mercedes, why should I work?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst I sound like a fascist I believe that people should be means tested before having children. These two should be sterilised.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is so much WRONG with this.

Why was she in a pub picking up blokes at SIXTEEN?

Why does she think its alright to expect the state to subsidise her hobby of giving birth?
Eighth on the way, and a TARGET of FOURTEEN. Lord save us.

Why does someone £20,000 in debt and declared bankrupt think it appropriate or indeed necessary to spen £2000 on xmas presents? That's more per child that I spend on mine, and I EARN slightly less that they garner in tax-free benefits.

Why the f*** do 'catalogue companies' allow someone to run up a £20,000 debt?

So wrong......

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have to agree with HKFC, the problems in this case are so multi faceted that it is difficult to know where to start.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whilst I sound like a fascist I believe that people should be means tested before having children. These two should be sterilised.

I agree. In fact ALL benefits should be means tested. It needs to be FAIR so those those that actually do need it get (and quickly) and those that dont get told to f*** off.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There is so much WRONG with this.

Why was she in a pub picking up blokes at SIXTEEN?

Why does she think its alright to expect the state to subsidise her hobby of giving birth?
Eighth on the way, and a TARGET of FOURTEEN. Lord save us.

Why does someone £20,000 in debt and declared bankrupt think it appropriate or indeed necessary to spen £2000 on xmas presents? That's more per child that I spend on mine, and I EARN slightly less that they garner in tax-free benefits.

Why the f*** do 'catalogue companies' allow someone to run up a £20,000 debt?

So wrong......

Unfortunately there are these sort of people about who know how to play the system. The trouble is that they give everybody in their situation a bad name. It might be the law but not for the first time the law is an ass.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So wrong, as you say, on every level. Not least because this is the one that gets in the paper and on here - while most people on benefits are a) more in need than that, and b) do not have that brazen attitude to taxpayers money. How thick do you have to be, you'd have thought at least keep you mouth shut and be bloody grateful in her position.

I do think this is an example of us all being mugged a bit with an agenda-led story, though - the timing is a bit too cute. Wouldn't we all lap up swingeing benefits cuts more easily after a few tales like this...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For a start, I don't see why the state should give hands outs for kids over 13 years old

How on earth do you work that out? Aren't kids even more expensive to 'maintain' then if only because being bigger they will require more food.

and I think there should be a cap on the number of kids per family it should support - 3 or 4 tops.

And, practically, how would you implement that?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
This is where child benefit should be scrapped. If people want children, then they should bloody well take responsibility themselves and not have the taxpayer pay for them.

I realise that children SHOULD become future taxpayers, but if they're signing on at 16 and claiming benefits, then they're taking money out the system and not even contributing to it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So wrong, as you say, on every level. Not least because this is the one that gets in the paper and on here - while most people on benefits are a) more in need than that, and b) do not have that brazen attitude to taxpayers money. How thick do you have to be, you'd have thought at least keep you mouth shut and be bloody grateful in her position.

I do think this is an example of us all being mugged a bit with an agenda-led story, though - the timing is a bit too cute. Wouldn't we all lap up swingeing benefits cuts more easily after a few tales like this...

As above, this story is not current. So not quite as 'convenient' as you would like.

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton

...but how/who do we choose to sterilise?

The amount of money lost by benefit 'cheats' is a drop in the ocean compared to MPs cheating the system and hedge-fund scamsters.

So should bankers and MPs be sterilised? How about Lewis Hamilton?

Blaming those poor bastards at the start of this thread is easy though.

The real benefit cheats? The Stasi ranks of Hard Labour | Zoe Williams | Comment is free | The Guardian

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
And another point. This story has been covered with interviews and posed photographs in two national newspapers and Closer magazine. I bet they are making a ruddy fortune on selling thier story.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How on earth do you work that out? Aren't kids even more expensive to 'maintain' then if only because being bigger they will require more food.

Agreed, if anything they cost more as their clothes start getting VAT on them.

And, practically, how would you implement that?

The Chinese managed it but there again they don't do religion.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Most normal working families only have 2 or maybe 3 kids because thats all they can afford and all they have room for.Its mainly the scummy scroungers that have all these kids and then those kids will be having more in their teens.God help us in 20 years time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
remove their benefits and make them eat the kids. when it came time to eat the one with the skin condition, i bet their attitude to work would change...

:lolol:
Right, I am off to get some tissue to wipe the tea off of my screen!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
...but how/who do we choose to sterilise?

The amount of money lost by benefit 'cheats' is a drop in the ocean compared to MPs cheating the system and hedge-fund scamsters.

So should bankers and MPs be sterilised? How about Lewis Hamilton?

Blaming those poor bastards at the start of this thread is easy though.

The real benefit cheats? The Stasi ranks of Hard Labour | Zoe Williams | Comment is free | The Guardian

I wish you were right but I think you;ll find there are a lot more people fiddling their benefits than MPs. One of the biggest scams are the people in Invalidity benefits, I've met more than a few who are 'On the sick' with 'depression'. Depression is very hard to quantify and one doctor may not see it the same as another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here