Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-5-1-The answer to everything.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Glen Murray is easily capable of bagging 20 goals this season in terms of Zamora. Who does Glen need to play off? Don't you think its time to ditch our 2 upfront formation looking at the last 2 seasons at Withdean? Its no coincidence we're better from home. We have 3 available strikers which isn't much considering one of them is 36. you reckon because we're at home we should use 2 of them for the fact we're at home? I bet we go 4-5-1 on Saturday, Poyet did say it was time for change after the orient game and we've definitely seen one..

I agree with that.

As there is such a huge difference between our home & away form, I think we should adopt the mentality, formation, preparation that we use for away games.

We've tried 2 strikers up front and the results prove it's not worked consistently. Just because we're "home" doesn't mean we really have an advantage at Withdean. I bet teams looking at the table in advance of visiting Withdean get a real boost mentally when they realise they have a statistically good chance of coming away with a point or 3.

A formation is only as good as the players and the training prep / motivation. Poyet has slowly built a team of higher potential players to fulfil their roles better in the formations he wants to use. The performances against Huddersfield, Norwich & Leeds all saw an improving trend in performance culminating in the Charlton win.

Poyet & the players need to approach the Exeter match in the right way to avoid the "normal" Albion syndrome of lowering their standards against poorer opposition.

The last 2 home performances have been very encouraging IMHO. The trick now is to maintain that upward trend & raise it to "Away" standards. If a 4-5-1 will help do that, then I'm sure Poyet will seriously consider it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Drawing Board (Football Tactics as taught to me by Mike Smith)

4-5-1 can easily become 4-3-3 with Lualaua and Bennett moving forward moreç certainly think this is the way to go when we've got fit wingers. What happens when Lualua leaves or there is an injury is a worry though and would look to get another similar player on loan perhaps as other than the awful keeper situation , with this tactic I think we are well-covered.

4-4-2 is the better system, but all depends on our players. The classic 4-3-3 requires a good left winger and a really hardworking classy (lots of stamina) central midfielder. It helps if the team has an attacking right back (Calderon) and a holding defensive midfielder (Gary Hart when we are leading ??? to fill the hole). It means our team has got to have better players than the opposition. 4-3-3 is far the most exciting system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here