Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Fine, I accept there are legitimate reasons for leaving - I have had to get away quickly a couple of times myself, for one reason or another - but this is not a 'one off' or 'a few' people. It is THOUSANDS. So the argument is that SEVEN THOUSAND people ALL have urgent commitments to get to at 5.15 on Saturday? Every single saturday? And coincidentally all also have pressing plans at 10pm every Tuesday? "I paid my money I can do what I want" is just pathetic and arrogant self-justification for selfishness. I, I, I. It's all that matters isn't it, 'looking after number one'. I'm more or less resigned to it now, I simply don't understand the logic, you wouldn't leave a film, a play, a gig ten minutes before the end, why leave a football match? I guess it's just sad that so many thousands of 'fans' seem to have taken the Amex for granted already. Personally I still love it but it seems 25% can't wait to get away, win lose or draw, week in week out.:shrug:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Fine, I accept there are legitimate reasons for leaving - I have had to get away quickly a couple of times myself, for one reason or another - but this is not a 'one off' or 'a few' people. It is THOUSANDS. So the argument is that SEVEN THOUSAND people ALL have urgent commitments to get to at 5.15 on Saturday? Every single saturday? And coincidentally all also have pressing plans at 10pm every Tuesday? "I paid my money I can do what I want" is just pathetic and arrogant self-justification for selfishness. I, I, I. It's all that matters isn't it, 'looking after number one'. I'm more or less resigned to it now, I simply don't understand the logic, you wouldn't leave a film, a play, a gig ten minutes before the end, why leave a football match? I guess it's just sad that so many thousands of 'fans' seem to have taken the Amex for granted already. Personally I still love it but it seems 25% can't wait to get away, win lose or draw, week in week out.:shrug:

It's no coincidence, it's the same people every week. I don't get it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I actually turned round to the old man a few minutes towards the end and said in reference to everyone leaving early: "Can you imagine this happening at home to Palace if we were winning 4-1?"

Sadly, I can.

I can also imagine the shit-storm it would cause on here afterwards; and rightly so IMO.

This.
Half our fans are knobs. I had a guy behind me in a que for a pint in the ESU, talking about when he goes shooting in a very middle class accent. Then said he way getting the train in half an hour because it gets 'awfully' crowded afterwards.

Total wanker. Posh wanker.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This.
Half our fans are knobs. I had a guy behind me in a que for a pint in the ESU, talking about when he goes shooting in a very middle class accent. Then said he way getting the train in half an hour because it gets 'awfully' crowded afterwards.

Total wanker. Posh wanker.

im a bit peckish.....mind if i have some of those chips on your shoulder?

This is not a wind up or an attack on Bha fans,obviously you've a load of new fans since the new stadium,and positive football, I know and work with a lot of real fans from the Gallstone days and would never leave early, the lot who leave aren't real Bha fans are they? they are the melters who will all f**k off back to being premier team or arm chair fans as soon as things go pear shaped, saying that the club should or if possible have part funded a much bigger platform at Falmer to ease that horrendous queue at the end of the game, is it any wonder people sneak away to avoid that crush and wait to be packed like sardines in to a 3 or 4 carriage train?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is not a wind up or an attack on Bha fans,obviously you've a load of new fans since the new stadium,and positive football, I know and work with a lot of real fans from the Gallstone days and would never leave early, the lot who leave aren't real Bha fans are they? they are the melters who will all f**k off back to being premier team or arm chair fans as soon as things go pear shaped, saying that the club should or if possible have part funded a much bigger platform at Falmer to ease that horrendous queue at the end of the game, is it any wonder people sneak away to avoid that crush and wait to be packed like sardines in to a 3 or 4 carriage train?

There aren't nearly as many 'new fans' as palace like to make out. There's a fair few returning fans from goldstone days too. I guess it's a new breed of football fans in a way tho. Clapping the team off at the end is one of the reasons we go to football tho surely?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

There was actually a hell of a lot of work done to falmer station to allow it to get that many people around to wait in some sort of order. I do agree, it would have been nice to expand the station, but there were some major restrictions we were faced with.

My only issue with people leaving early is people standing in the gangway blocking the view...but in the overall scheme of life, the universe and everything, it's a gnats sneeze on an elephants willy.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I expect most of the ones on here slagging people for leaving early are single and just stay in the ground for a beer afterwards.
I bet they don't have young kids to queue with after the game.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
crowd.jpg

Doesn't seem that empty to me. There wasn't any more than usual leaving.

You need to look at your own "fans" before having a dig at ours.

Last season you had a bring a pikey for a £1 at Selhurst vs Reading - you got over 20k and with the score at 0-0 "thousands were streaming out with 10 minutes to go". It's on the BBS if you care to look it up.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The thing I really love when it happens? A late late winner.

Far, far fewer would have left early on Saturday if the game hadnt been out of sight. It was because the points were safely in the bag that created the biggest exodus so far.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like a CMS barren spell, this thread goes on and on and on.

And you love posting on it? And refusing to answer if you left early at Withdean? Suprising that.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I actually turned round to the old man a few minutes towards the end and said in reference to everyone leaving early: "Can you imagine this happening at home to Palace if we were winning 4-1?"

Sadly, I can.

I can also imagine the shit-storm it would cause on here afterwards; and rightly so IMO.

It would be even more pronounced in the same scenario against Palace, as fans try to get away before Palace get out, having got the points in the bag. The interesting scenario then, though, is that Palace would also leave early (as I have done at Selhurst following our 2 pastings there).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A thread about fans leaving early - what a novelty!

This was the third post into this thread, and TWELVE pages later, it's still going on, and on, and on.

How much more is there to say? People come and go when they like. Doesn't bother me, and I don't understand why it should bother other people.

But well done for Mr Goldstone for his unwavering support over 55 years. Surely a statue or something should be built to honour this achievement.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

What is wrong or selfish about that? Do you think you're doing everyone a favour?

I left on 90 minutes because I was going for a curry. I usually stand by the exit so I can leave on the whistle or in injury time so I can get a beer and a seat in Dick's. I don't need other people to tell me what my priorities should be, just accept that people are different and some people have more in their lives than football.

The gig, cinema, play analogy just doesn't work. I've left loads of gigs/clubs 5 minutes early when I've needed to get away quick. It's not comparable to a cinema or play either - if I went to watch the same film in the same cinema every other week for 20 years I'd probably be happy to leave that 2 minutes before the end if I knew what the end was going to be and I had something else to do.

I couldn't give a f*** about losing the good fan competition, it's not important to me. I go to football for my own enjoyment, not because I think I'm doing BHAFC a favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here