Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-1 up and thousands of fans leave before the final whistel. Disgusting.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I agree. But there are different categories of fans. Some will be newer, some older, some less committed, some more committed. All valuable and none 'better' than the other. I was stating the point in terms our palace friend would understand. This was the point of reference that HE made and why I put 'not real fans' in quotation marks.

Yup, I realise that, I was annoyed with the original term. I wasnt havin a pop at you in particular.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I believe a lot of this will change in the next year or so - the impression my group of friends had is that they needed to get to the station with plenty of time to make the trip home - the reality is now that we get home 10 minutes later by waiting until the end of the game rather than thinking the train queue is that bad. It's not.

However I will admit to walking out at 'that game' last year at home to the Nigel's. I could not bear it and had not experienced anger, hatred and disappointment in such venomous proportions before.

I would say I am tempted sometimes at 1-0 up to leave with 10 minutes to go as what is about to unfold typically is th most agonising timespan known to man.

However this Saturday was different.

Very different.

This one?

1979 Palace v Burnley Att: 51,700
1984 Palace v Wimbledon Att: 4,005

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700.

Nobody does Plastic like palace.

1000's in boycott because of that **** Mullery at the helm:p until 84 haven't you seen my attendance average post? have a look how many times Brighton had a larger average?? go on it's all there:clap:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not true.

There are thousands of lapsed or nearly lapsed Albion fans who have very much got back into the habit of going along to see live football again.

Those who sling the "where were they at Withdean?" mud just don't get what a largely miserable experience football supporting was at times for far more years than should ever have been the case. c5000 souls sitting on the elaborate bit of Meccano that was the roofless South Stand, often getting soaked through to the bone. Coupled with that, it was often thought by many that tickets couldn't be obtained - that every game was a sellout.

To compliment the returnees, there are also undoubtedly a group of people who are now becoming Albion fans. I'm not sure how, when or where people qualify for what you call "real fan" status, but I think a large number now are, with some still making that journey.

I can understand why many Palace fans don't get it - the difference between a matchday at the Amex and one at Selhurst Park is vast. Like it or not, modern football does involve delivering a good all-round experience. The Albion have made a great effort to do that and continue to tweak things to try and improve. If Palace are to thrive, they'll have to do the same. Should they manage it, presumably you will then be mocking all those who have jumped on the CPFC bandwagon and who are not real fans. Can you confirm?

The ironic thing is,I think the ones that fling the 'where we're they at Withdean' mud do actually get it.most teams visited Withdean and all those away fans know exactly what it was like.They harped on about how bad it was for one game,so how do they think most people would stick it 23 times for 13 years?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
1000's in boycott because of that **** Mullery at the helm:p until 84 haven't you seen my attendance average post? have a look how many times Brighton had a larger average?? go on it's all there:clap:

Quite honestly, to some degree, who cares what the past held? Lovely to have memories but that's what they are, big crowds, cup finals etc. But they are gone now forever. What matters is now. You're just as bad as Liverpool fans singing 'we're by far the greatest team'. As things stand both our clubs have a great shot at promotion. We're bubbling along nicely and so are you. If one was to mention the size of crowd and steal The Major's thunder, I would be concerned that although you lot are playing some great football and may even get automatic promotion, you are amongst the worst supported clubs in the league. I would be asking why my club are not able to attract anything like the crowds of the past and probably not spend time on a rival's board criticising their club's very successful ability to attract both older returning fans and the new fans of the future.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When i think about a day out to the footy, "Clapping the team off at the end" does not get even a thought.

Each to their own. I think it's a good thing to do and part of being a supporter..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not true.

There are thousands of lapsed or nearly lapsed Albion fans who have very much got back into the habit of going along to see live football again.

Those who sling the "where were they at Withdean?" mud just don't get what a largely miserable experience football supporting was at times for far more years than should ever have been the case. c5000 souls sitting on the elaborate bit of Meccano that was the roofless South Stand, often getting soaked through to the bone. Coupled with that, it was often thought by many that tickets couldn't be obtained - that every game was a sellout.

To compliment the returnees, there are also undoubtedly a group of people who are now becoming Albion fans. I'm not sure how, when or where people qualify for what you call "real fan" status, but I think a large number now are, with some still making that journey.

I can understand why many Palace fans don't get it - the difference between a matchday at the Amex and one at Selhurst Park is vast. Like it or not, modern football does involve delivering a good all-round experience. The Albion have made a great effort to do that and continue to tweak things to try and improve. If Palace are to thrive, they'll have to do the same. Should they manage it, presumably you will then be mocking all those who have jumped on the CPFC bandwagon and who are not real fans. Can you confirm?

Great post. Some BHA don't seem to realise this either. Many who now go regularly we're regulars at the goldstone. And you're right, the majority of palarse don't get it and never will. Jealousy as much as anything.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Yes I suppose people have their reasons for copping off early, but it really is proper SHIT seeing a half-empty stadium for the last 5-10 minutes. The atmosphere just dies on its arse, and Saturday was about as bad as I've ever seen it.

I left on the final whistle, was on a train by 5.15, and in my local just before 6 (blagged my way onto a 700 at Churchill Sq). Doddle. Obviously some people have a lot further to go, but does an extra half hour / 45 minutes really *destroy* Saturday night as you know it ?

Too tired to walk home, Easy?

This season and last that's for sure.

Your sad sack of shit haven't managed a 20k+ average crowd in the Championship since 1979-80 and you ain't going to do it this year either.:clap:

As I have said on many previous occasions - since the 2nd WW when we play in the same league and with a similar sized stadium we total average more than you.:D

The gaps growing ever bigger with every game. See below and hang your head in shame :wanker:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Too tired to walk home, Easy?

It actually crossed my mind...

...but I fancied a beer down the local instead. I'm not going to rule it out when the weather improves though. The thought of marching back along the seafront with the sun on my face after another 3 points is rather appealing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can understand why many Palace fans don't get it
It's more simple than that. They don't like that we get more fans than them, so they need to a) pretend our fans are plastic, and b) question where those fans were when we had a 6k capacity stadium, or played at Gillingham.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You really are touchy about all things Palace eh Major? Where did I have a dig?

Here:
obviously you've a load of new fans since the new stadium,and positive football, I know and work with a lot of real fans from the Gallstone days and would never leave early, the lot who leave aren't real Bha fans are they? they are the melters who will all f**k off back to being premier team or arm chair fans as soon as things go pear shaped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here