Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

32Gb Nexus 7 - £200

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Go and download from your device. It will recognise that they're android software repositories. Install and hey presto. I found them on an Android developers forum and it works perfectly for me.

Anybody sussed out how to get live commentary on the nexus 7 from Seagull player?
I can view the videos (after downloading flash) but the commentary does not work.....

Memory cards seem to be getting less and less popular sadly.

The suggestion is that companies like Google want everyone to use cloud storage rather than hot swappable local storage. Of course this is all very well in principle but if you're not connected to a fast network you're f***ed.

I don't know of any tablets with removable batteries however. It is commonly accepted that there is less to go wrong if there's no part of a device's casing that's user-removable and 9 times out of 10 this makes for a better design experience.

Speaking from personal experience my HTC handset with removable battery is looking a bit flimsy these days (it's just coming up for two years old) compared with my unibody Nokia Lumia handset which is both beautiful AND solid.

There is a (paid-for) app available that lets you use a USB stick with the Nexus (and presumably any Android device) and it doesn't require a root. Haven't used it yet so can't report on how good it is, but when I was looking at the Nexus 7 in store this is the app that the Google rep was using.

Nexus Media Importer - Android Apps on Google Play

Go and download from your device. It will recognise that they're android software repositories. Install and hey presto. I found them on an Android developers forum and it works perfectly for me.

Thanks for this, worked a treat!

I'm very surprised at the paucity of widgets for 4.2 currently; I can only assume that most only work on earlier versions of Android as there's a number of widgets that I can get on my phone don't appear on the list on my Nexus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here