Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 30539?!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Forget it it's how many tickets were sold simple has to be for tax vat reasons the club have to declare tickets sold irrespective of how many turned up for financial reason

Whilst clubs may need to declare tickets sold for financial reasons they also have to declare people in stadium for security/safety reasons... Both numbers are available, doesn't really matter which is used, just so it's consistent.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
4162040-3x2-940x627.jpg

London Olympics 2012. It's a common happening.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Lots of empty seats in lower East. So it was raining a bit. Didn't you work out you could get wet sitting there but that you can wet weather gear? Lightweights!

Quite a lot of empty seats in North and West stands too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Atmosphere is lacking inside most stadiums up and down the country thesedays, sadly. Nothing to do with soft southerners. I was in the ne corner yesterday and yeah it was pretty quiet for the most part, as usual really. Did liven up a lot as we pushed forward second half, but it's a shame it takes that to get the crowd going for the most part in this country nowadays.

I sat in the NE corner for quiet a few games in the Hughton Championship era. The atmosphere was rubbish. I got quizzical looks for standing up to roar Albion counter attacks.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Atmosphere is lacking inside most stadiums up and down the country thesedays, sadly. Nothing to do with soft southerners. I was in the ne corner yesterday and yeah it was pretty quiet for the most part, as usual really. Did liven up a lot as we pushed forward second half, but it's a shame it takes that to get the crowd going for the most part in this country nowadays.

On the bright side , I think it has little to do with football changing. Its more connected to the slow death of society, hope and passion.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Why does anyone care about this anymore?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
On the flip side to the general tone of this thread: Well done to those families who did turn up, knowing they would endure a chilly and wet afternoon in ESL. Gives hope that some youngsters will know to watch their team come rain or shine - and the occasional soaking is part of the experience. They may well be rewarded with seeing an Albion win.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Hence the proliferation of drums, brass bands, clackers and goal music to create an artificial atmosphere, even at many supposedly 'big clubs'. God forbid we should ever resort to such at The Amex.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I suppose we must have a stadium with the correct size . Here we are ,going for Europe, and we are not selling out some weeks.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am interested in attendances. However looks like one of few who wants to know tickets sold then those turning up. Unreal to see somebody has written to Barber about this.Just think of emails he would get if no tickets available to buy and attendance disclosed as 28700

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The club received revenue for 30,539 seats. What’s the problem?
I would like to add that is probably the amount sold before the ticket exchange kicks in. I know the club only get a small percentage of revenue of tickets sold this way but I wonder how many this would add to the number of tickets sold? 30,539 + 2- 300?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has been discussed many times but isnt the attendance figure based on how many tickets are sold for accountancy VAT rules rather than numbers going through the turnstiles.

Yes it has. And yes

There, a double bit of agreement with you :thumbsup:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
For some of us sad muppets I do look at the attendance figures of all teams as I read the results in all 4 divisions and if I get the non league paper I look at them to. I don’t know why but I find it interesting??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here