Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 30539?!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Yeah, I thought that. Just seemed a cheap (inaccurare) shot to me. (Since they've been in the Prem at least - different story in the Championship)

Any chance of moving the cameras to the east stand?! All our other stands bar east lower are always packed - even yesterday there werent noticable gaps anywhere else. Just watched motd and the ground looks half empty as the cameras point towards the east lower.

Indeed, have said that several times on here about cameras facing the West, which would be preferable!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The Kids at the front of the Family stand get absolutely soaked if there's any significant rain. When I took my young kids to Withdean, I would only ever buy tickets when I'd seen the weather forecast. Sitting in the pissing rain is likely to put young kids off for life.

(Don't worry, I made them sit in the pouring rain at Withdean when they got a bit older :wink:)

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
This.....every club does it
Weather was truly awful - even driving from Burgess Hill to Lewes was grim. Never seen as much water on the road there.
ESL STHs would have known they’d get a soaking
Trains were all over the place with cancellations
School holidays this week
No surprise a fair % didn’t show up. There were seats available right up to KO on the exchange. Suspect a lot yesterday made a last minute decision not to go, and equally very few would have made a late decision to go with the weather as it was.

Norwich sold 3,000 tickets and they all turned up despite having further to travel with significantly more disruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not about palace though. It's about the fake attendances. It's all a bit tinpot imo.

Well at least it reflects tickets sold. >95% of tickets were sold. Not the same as saying, for example, 51% of the UK electorate want hard brexit now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Norwich sold 3,000 tickets and they all turned up despite having further to travel with significantly more disruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Thing is, if I’d booked an awayday, ticket, travel the lot I’d possibly make more of an effort too......so not a surprise at all.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Surely this thread can morph into the leaving early thread?
Yes, 30,539 people turned up, but a lot in the lower east left just before kickoff:)
It is not tinpot to decide to miss a game because of the weather. Frankly, I'm surprised so many people braved the storm

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Pretendance. I wish this madness would stop. Empty seats everywhere shows that the stadium isn't full so why advertise it as such?

Or you could just choose to accept that a lot of season ticket holders, say 1,500 yesterday, didn't show up due to the appalling weather or other commitments. What's the big deal?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surely this thread can morph into the leaving early thread?
Yes, 30,539 people turned up, but a lot in the lower east left just before kickoff:)
It is not tinpot to decide to miss a game because of the weather. Frankly, I'm surprised so many people braved the storm

Can't have been many who actively RELISHED going out in that Withdeanesque grimness. It was bloody horrible. And though the Amex has a roof, for many of those in the front few rows it might as well not have. Would be a nice touch if ponchos could be placed under seats in affected rows on days such as yesterday. Doubt it would cost any more than issuing the entire stadium with plastic flags for no real reason beyond a photo opportunity.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lots of empty seats in lower East. So it was raining a bit. Didn't you work out you could get wet sitting there but that you can wet weather gear? Lightweights!

East Lower is by far the worst offending area. Granted there’s some kids but also a higher level of non diehards I’d imagine, as many go north or WSU and have from the start.

The problem is, the East Lower is the stand on TV all the time so makes it look terrible on TV. I also think there’s a number of so called supporters there who don’t go and don’t bother to re sell their ticket or give it away to friends. They also have the least atmosphere and let the fans down. They let their club down by doing so. They let us all down. Twats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't have been many who actively RELISHED going out in that Withdeanesque grimness. It was bloody horrible. And though the Amex has a roof, for many of those in the front few rows it might as well not have. Would be a nice touch if ponchos could be placed under seats in affected rows on days such as yesterday. Doubt it would cost any more than issuing the entire stadium with plastic flags for no real reason beyond a photo opportunity.

People are so silly though. So obsessed by ticket numbers etc. If my ST was in any area where it was wet, I’d find a seat or 2 further back in he stand and sit there. Simples. Common sense.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Just one of the Many things about football that’s gone array. So many little improvements like this could be made. Bring back Fred and his half time board I say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People are so silly though. So obsessed by ticket numbers etc. If my ST was in any area where it was wet, I’d find a seat or 2 further back in he stand and sit there. Simples. Common sense.

Well it is common sense, sort of. But it's not so easy to identify a pair of spare seats further back from your viewpoint down the front.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I sit in the East lower so can’t really assess how many empty seats there were in that stand, although I could see the odd empty seats. Maybe being near the halfway line there weren’t as many as in other areas.

There appeared to be a similar number of empty seats in the West stand but surely considering the conditions shouldn’t we be remarking on how many did turn up to watch the match and not how few stayed at home?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It’s interesting.

I couldn’t go yesterday so put my seats on the exchange last Monday. Two next to each other in the lower west halfway up.

And they didn’t sell. I was really surprised but it goes to show the demand isn’t as strong as maybe the club would have you believe. I understand the weather was rubbish which may have put people off, but there must’ve been a fair few who didn’t go and didn’t put their seats on the exchange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lots of empty seats in lower East. So it was raining a bit. Didn't you work out you could get wet sitting there but that you can wet weather gear? Lightweights!

Didn't look great on telly, did it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here