300 Grand bid for Murray

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Have to agree:

McFaul
Thomson (for cash!)
Richards
Murray (for cash!)

much more than i'd realistically hoped for this transfer window and anyone who expected more is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

Well done DK et al
:albion2::albion2::braders:

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
We bid 300k for Byfield before so clearly ther eis the backing, just make sure we hold on to Hammond now!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Too often Knight seems reluctant to put his hand in his pocket and then he comes out with a ridiculously over priced bid - its about time the club was run by someone with just an ounce of business sense.
He's done well to sort Falmer but every thing comes to an end and the time is now

Yep, we need someone who will only buy proven, promising players for a tiny amount of cash. How hard can it be?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Murray tops the poll as fans choose December’s best man

22/ 1/2008

GLENN Murray, has been voted the Tony Wild player of the month for December.

The Spotland hotshot was on fire during the month and polled 76 per cent of the vote.

Kallum Higginbotham, pictured below, got 13 per cent, Adam Rundle was on eight per cent, and others polled three per cent between them.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Too often Knight seems reluctant to put his hand in his pocket and then he comes out with a ridiculously over priced bid - its about time the club was run by someone with just an ounce of business sense.
He's done well to sort Falmer but every thing comes to an end and the time is now

Much of that I agree with, but I can only assume that DK has some sound business sense as he has been quite successfull.

Its just that he seems to be quite egotistical ( nothing wrong with that most Chairman are ) and quite thin skinned in some respect.

I think he has made a recent big mistake with not securing Hammond, Savage and O'Callaghan and he wishes to try and placate the crowds with many feeling more could of been done to keep them.

So he goes crashing into the transfer market to try and show the fans that he is willing, but no doubt the deal will fall through and he will go on record to say that HE tried to buy top quality players.

As funding, I have said all along that money really wasn't the issue as far as Hammond, Savage and O'Callaghan but more a lack of negotiation skills ( maybe Savage himself falls into that category ) and seeing a good opportunity for Brighton to move forward.

That is my disappointment recently.

From the Rochdale Observer............. sounds like a done deal

Brighton close to Murray deal
EXCLUSIVE by Richard Partington
25/ 1/2008

Brighton and Hove Albion are close to completing a deal for Dale striker Glenn Murray.

The Seagulls made initial enquiries regarding the player earlier this month but were put off by Rochdale's asking price. However, Observer Sport understands they have returned with a healthy fee for the frontman - one the Spotland outfit could hardly turn down.

See Saturday's Observer for the full story.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...As funding, I have said all along that money really wasn't the issue as far as Hammond, Savage and O'Callaghan but more a lack of negotiation skills ( maybe Savage himself falls into that category ) and seeing a good opportunity for Brighton to move forward.

Can you shed some light on the negotiations that went on between the club, agents and players? I'd love to more about the contracts and terms that were offered, when, who by, what the reactions and counter-claims were.

Do tell us, please?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Can you shed some light on the negotiations that went on between the club, agents and players? I'd love to more about the contracts and terms that were offered, when, who by, what the reactions and counter-claims were.

Do tell us, please?

Yes I would like to know that!
What is a DK excellent deal to Hammond?
Is it compared to Crawley or Arsenal.
What was the top class offer to Bas Savage.
People slate these players for being greedy but just what are these excellent deals worth?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Do tell us, please?

Firstly if DK is really bidding something like 300k for Murray thats most of your points answered.

So if the Management wished these players to stay, prior to our decent league position, the likely forthcoming FA ties and then couldn't agree terms due to financial constraints, then that is suggesting that he might of not been telling us the truth.

It seems that DK negotiating skills might not be quite as clever as some wish to think on here.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Done deal according to Rochdales website, with a gallery on the latest news page quoting a picture as his last in Rochdales colours ???

Welcome on board Glenn !!!!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Crewe had a bid for almost half that accepted for fleetwood, surely he'd be a safer bet?

Fantastic logic there - how is a proven goalscorer in non-league football a safer bet than a proven goal scorer at Football League level?

It's something of an irrelevance anyway as Fleetwood turned down Crewe and has stated that he isn't interested in leaving Forest Green.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Firstly if DK is really bidding something like 300k for Murray thats most of your points answered.

So if the Management wished these players to stay, prior to our decent league position, the likely forthcoming FA ties and then couldn't agree terms due to financial constraints, then that is suggesting that he might of not been telling us the truth.

It seems that DK negotiating skills might not be quite as clever as some wish to think on here.

Does anyone else understand the logic of this? Because I'm bewildered. Am I missing something obvious? :nono:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No f***ing way are we spending 300k on a player.
We just dont have that sort of money even if we do sell Hammond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here