Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

300 Grand bid for Murray

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Too often Knight seems reluctant to put his hand in his pocket and then he comes out with a ridiculously over priced bid - its about time the club was run by someone with just an ounce of business sense.
He's done well to sort Falmer but every thing comes to an end and the time is now

:bla:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Do we need to sell him to fund this?

Didn't Hammond say he wanted ambition at the club? Does this not show clear ambition?

Who cares! In Forster and (if we get) Murray we look like we have TWO strikers who know where the goal is.
Now all we need is a midfield to supply them.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Too often Knight seems reluctant to put his hand in his pocket and then he comes out with a ridiculously over priced bid - its about time the club was run by someone with just an ounce of business sense.
He's done well to sort Falmer but every thing comes to an end and the time is now

I dispair with some of the comments on here, how is he over priced we don't actually know what the offer is, its Argus speculation. In these times that seems like a standard fee for this level, god the championship clubs are regularly spending £1million + this is not the 1970s anymore. I am happy we are looking at improving the team bring it on.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I dispair with some of the comments on here, how is he over priced we don't actually know what the offer is, its Argus speculation. In these times that seems like a standard fee for this level, god the championship clubs are regularly spending £1million + this is not the 1970s anymore. I am happy we are looking at improving the team bring it on.

Very true, and even if it is £300k some of it could be add ons of money after 50 apps / promotion etc.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Right.

Murray is one of these beauties...

cufc_20060506_raynes_murray_470x431.jpg

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
I cannot believe we are bidding 300k for murray, it must be an offer 'worth up to' including a sell on clause, a bonus if wer'e promoted, and a bonus if he scores a certain amount of goals or something. Crewe had a bid for almost half that accepted for fleetwood, surely he'd be a safer bet?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
come on this is good news,the club have watched him several times.bet fee is 150 grand up front with adds on that would take it close to 300k

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Considering how good our scouts/Deano has been in the transfer market I'd say that this is bloody EXCELLENT news.

Forster is worth so much more than we paid for him, Who's have thought DW would have spotted a goalscorer in Bas considering his career up until the Albion, Elder looks very promising, G O'C was almost a great bit of business (effing agents), Thomson was an absolute STEAL.

Hats off to DK. He has delivered as he promised and sends a message out that we want to be taken seriously as a club.

UP THE ALBION!!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Considering how good our scouts/Deano has been in the transfer market I'd say that this is bloody EXCELLENT news.

Forster is worth so much more than we paid for him, Who's have thought DW would have spotted a goalscorer in Bas considering his career up until the Albion, Elder looks very promising, G O'C was almost a great bit of business (effing agents), Thomson was an absolute STEAL.

Hats off to DK. He has delivered as he promised and sends a message out that we want to be taken seriously as a club.

UP THE ALBION!!

Has he signed yet? You speak as if it was a done deal.
Have we agreed terms with the player yet?
I heard all this with Dichio and that all fell through.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
:albion2:

UP THE ALBION!!

:albion2::drink:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Has he signed yet? You speak as if it was a done deal.
Have we agreed terms with the player yet?
I heard all this with Dichio and that all fell through.

true...but my post was more in response to those who have said he's overvalued and those that a few weeks back were saying that DK was a bullshit merchant, the club had no ambition, we were potless, Dk has to get the cheque book out.....the types of people that really need to eat the humble pie right now.

As you say though. Not a done deal YET.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

UP THE ALBION!!

SPOT ON BUZZER :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here