Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

300 Grand bid for Murray

Surely we can only fund that with a fee from the sale of Hammond.

How much do you think we're going to get for Hammond?! I can't see us getting more than £50-75k, which means that according to those figures we'd still be spending another £200k+ on him. I suspect it's more like £150,000 for Murray, with up to half coming from any potential Hammond fee.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
How much do you think we're going to get for Hammond?! I can't see us getting more than £50-75k, which means that according to those figures we'd still be spending another £200k+ on him. I suspect it's more like £150,000 for Murray, with up to half coming from any potential Hammond fee.

I think we'll get £150-£200k for him. I would be surprised if Murray cost £300k up front.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good business that imo, ever since the speculation started I have been following his progress, solid player who knows where the goal is.

If we have ambitions to push on this term we will need an out and out striker, midfield looks impressive on paper now, so a target man should make the difference.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

BBC gossip[ column has Sheff Utd considering £400,000 bid.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Do we need to sell him to fund this?

Didn't Hammond say he wanted ambition at the club? Does this not show clear ambition?

Who cares! In Forster and (if we get) Murray we look like we have TWO strikers who know where the goal is.

I think we'll get £150-£200k for him. I would be surprised if Murray cost £300k up front.

BBC gossip[ column has Sheff Utd considering £400,000 bid.

BBC gossip column is quoting the Daily Star. Case closed.

Hammond could go on a free transfer in the summer. Why is a club going to pay £150k+ for a player they could get for free in 6 months time? I know some football chairmen are dumb, but there's stupid and there's stupid...

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Too often Knight seems reluctant to put his hand in his pocket and then he comes out with a ridiculously over priced bid - its about time the club was run by someone with just an ounce of business sense.
He's done well to sort Falmer but every thing comes to an end and the time is now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here