Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

30 Minute BBC Special - Road To Falmer

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
absolutely excellent

well done BBC. never forget how badly ITV have covered our plight by contrast.

and my old friend Simon Valder referred to as our Mandela - classic

ive now been in ground twice, watched one match, and still think i'm gonna be moved to tears tomorrow

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
"when teams come to visit, and they see the club, it tells you something about the character of the town. it's all embodied in that ground."

what an excellent quote from Prescott

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've pressed play, tears are not far away

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fantastic!!! It reminds me of the great times we have had during the Withdean years. How the hell did we get to the second tier of football playing in that place?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Fantastic, hard for that not to bring a tear to the eye.

UNBELEIVABLE. Listened to it 3 times today and shed a tear or two on more than one occasion, especially upon listening to Attila's magnificent poem at the end. Sums everything up perfectly and my perception of John Prescott has again changed for the better. Thankyou to everybody mentioned in that 30 minutes of utter CLASS. You have helped to make it possible.

who was that bloke saying the stadium is still in the wrong place?
Steve Ankers - who has only been working for the South Downs Society since planning permission has been confirmed. Before that, he was a senior planning officer for East Sussex County Council, at the time that ESCC decided NOT to commit funds to appearing at the Public Inquiries as an objector.

In his way, a sportsman of some note - a national tiddlywinks champion.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Beautiful that was,bloody beautiful.You`re all beautiful.I love every bloody one of you!:cry: I`d like to buy you all a drink tomorrow to celebrate this most wonderful of days!! I mean obviously I`m not going to,but I`d like to.:thumbsup:

ahh share the love man! + rep for you <3

D

Deleted User X18H

At 1:02 is a friend of mine who sadly passed away in 2008.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
"when teams come to visit, and they see the club, it tells you something about the character of the town. it's all embodied in that ground."

what an excellent quote from Prescott

I think that sums up that his decision wasn't just political. I think somewhere deep down he actually 'got' what us fans were saying and doing. It's a fantastic quote.

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
That has made me cry, outstanding work by all Brighton fans. Cant wait now just need to get passed the M25.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Oh my goodness....thank you for posting this. Thats a great start to Aug 6th emotionally !. I was feeling ok until i listened ..now im a wet blanket . God knows what its going to be like when the teams come out !!

haha your welcome :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just listening to it now. Its a wonderfully produced piece of work that really encapsulates the struggles the club went through.

I keep having to hide tears from my fiancee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here