Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£30 ? Jordan can stick it up his ARSE

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I would pay £30 no danger. This is after all Crystal Palace we are talking about.

The fact that I will get in for free (in the Palace end) tho matters little. :lolol:
So will you be easilly recognisible.:nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
WTF is everyone going on about?

You wont pay £30 for a game just up the road but you then all say youd rather go to a game up North at probably 4 times the travel expense?

We are talking about a Tenner here people, for teh chance to beat the scum, thats all of a massive 3 pints of lager. Whoopy Do! Very poor excuse not to go!
Thirty quid for a shit seat, a four hour journey home thanks to the met and probable defeat.

Yeah, f***ing bargain.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: STOP Moaning

dwayne said:
Easy I bet you anything you'll be at the match
Bet you £30 I won't be ;)

And just to be clear - its not JUST the money. I'll probably pay a similar price for the Southampton match in January, in the hope that the "awayday experience" there is more pleasant than it is in Croydon. As it stands, I'd rather go to the dentist than go to Selhurst and help pay for Jordans next Rolex.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
£30. About £8 more then Withdean and we get a decent roof over our heads and get to see us spanking the enemy.

Sounds a bargain to me.

I would be more pissed off about being charged £23 or whatever it is to sit in the away end at Withdean miles from the pitch and with no roof.

Whats £8 anyway? Two and a bit pints? A few cups of coffee? This is PALACE for fucks sake.

Dan is right, people will happily pay to travel to the likes of Hull and Sheffield and pay, say a fiver less for the ticket.

Come on, we should all be getting excited about this not moaning about a fiver here and there.

If you watch one away game this season make it this one!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Richie Morris said:
£30. About £8 more then Withdean and we get a decent roof over our heads and get to see us spanking the enemy.

Sounds a bargain to me.

I would be more pissed off about being charged £23 or whatever it is to sit in the away end at Withdean miles from the pitch and with no roof.

Whats £8 anyway? Two and a bit pints? A few cups of coffee? This is PALACE for fucks sake.

Dan is right, people will happily pay to travel to the likes of Hull and Sheffield and pay, say a fiver less for the ticket.

Come on, we should all be getting excited about this not moaning about a fiver here and there.

If you watch one away game this season make it this one!

I totally agree with Easy.

Palace is your enemy not mine.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Brighton till i die said:
i though u were a brighton fan?

Fan yes, retro lemming no. I am not stuck in the 70s. It's a local derby as far as i am concerned, end of. I do not feel that i need to hate Palace cos i support the Albion. Iam one of those that remins seated for the stand up if you hate Palace chant. Although the same goes for Falmer (standing up isn't gonna make any difference!).

Do you get up tight when England play Germany?

I can't see what is wrong for refusing to pay premier prices for championship football. Withdean is bad enough.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good point Dwayne.

At the end of the day nobody is going to be forced to go to Selhurst so if you dont want to pay £30 then dont f***ing go.

I would still maintain that £30 to watch the game at Selhurst is a better deal then they are getting to watch it from the away end at Withdean.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Are we going to rip Palace off when they come down to the hallowed Theater of Trees. £50 a ticket i suggest.

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Saint Lennard said:
Fan yes, retro lemming no. I am not stuck in the 70s. It's a local derby as far as i am concerned, end of. I do not feel that i need to hate Palace cos i support the Albion. Iam one of those that remins seated for the stand up if you hate Palace chant. Although the same goes for Falmer (standing up isn't gonna make any difference!).

Do you get up tight when England play Germany?

I can't see what is wrong for refusing to pay premier prices for championship football. Withdean is bad enough.

fair enough bud.

i however am excited at the prospect of the electric atmosphere on a knife edge which you just dont get these days.

canny wait!
:drink:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Brighton till i die said:
fair enough bud.

i however am excited at the prospect of the electric atmosphere on a knife edge which you just dont get these days.

canny wait!
:drink:

What about the last half a dozen away games at the end of the last 5 seasons!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Richie Morris said:
At the end of the day nobody is going to be forced to go to Selhurst so if you dont want to pay £30 then dont f***ing go.

I would still maintain that £30 to watch the game at Selhurst is a better deal then they are getting to watch it from the away end at Withdean.

Yes, well Wankdean is overpriced too. At least you can understand why ticket prices at the Albion have to be high though.

If i'm honest i do find this whole debate quite boring, but it has to be said that it's not as simple as "if you don't want to pay then don't f***ing go." Would you say the same if tickets were £100? I am not moaning, it obviously isn't the main issue in the context of such a game and having considered it me and my mates will put our hands in our pockets yet again because we can't miss this game. But any rational person would consider £30 an extortionate amount of money to spend on a football match, and i think the likes of Simon Jordan should stop being so greedy and rethink these prices.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The away end at Withdean is not my concern. I already pay £450 to sit in the rain, but I accept it cos I love the Albion. However, the whole "Croydon Experience" is lousy enough as it is, without being ripped off for it as well.

When all is said and done, it IS just another league match. I dislike Palace as well, but its not an all-consuming obsessive hatred which pulls me inextricably towards Selhurst every time we play there. I'd rather go to a decent stadium where you're not herded like animals in and out of the ground, and can enjoy a nice pre and post match pint with the locals. Try that in Croydon.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
What makes me chuckle is that most of the NSC Palace Haters on here aren't old enough to have experinced what it is all about. They are jumping on something they feel obliged to. Or is it me. Am i in denial over the 5-0 drubbing last time?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
The away end at Withdean is not my concern. I already pay £450 to sit in the rain, but I accept it cos I love the Albion. However, the whole "Croydon Experience" is lousy enough as it is, without being ripped off for it as well.

When all is said and done, it IS just another league match. I dislike Palace as well, but its not an all-consuming obsessive hatred which pulls me inextricably towards Selhurst every time we play there. I'd rather go to a decent stadium where you're not herded like animals in and out of the ground, and can enjoy a nice pre and post match pint with the locals. Try that in Croydon.

Easy..you can find me in the Crown Inn on the Wickham Road where I will buy you a pint!!

:)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Right. Lets sort all this out shall we?

I don't care if they treat me like a japanese prisoner of war and charge me a rip of £30 for the privilege! BRIGHTON VS PALACE. Our chance to take three points, and most of all get revenge for what happened last time.

I'm going.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saint Lennard said:
What makes me chuckle is that most of the NSC Palace Haters on here aren't old enough to have experinced what it is all about. They are jumping on something they feel obliged to. Or is it me. Am i in denial over the 5-0 drubbing last time?

I find myself in quiet agreement with the gentleman above

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here