Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 year banning order

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've always favoured 'minky'.
I knew I'd flush you out. :lol:
Do you remember the last time we had is discussion, and I started a thread about it.

I was nearly run out of dodge for dumbing down NSC.

The fact that now it would be considered the equivalent to a Melvin Bragg lecture.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
sorry stand corrected it was at st marys but would it not have been nice that club could of supported him in some way and sxx police after all he had no previous .guess if this had of been outside archers house different matter

Ive had à letter from the club saying they dont want people like me lol

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
To be honest, I've read most of the posts on here, and there is little or no description other than the words themselves of whether they were directed at anyone in particular, whether the OP was next to the home fans shouting at them, at the front row shouting at players, whether he had been warned at all during the course of the game etc. etc. Seems to be very little detail for a lot of people to be making some pretty broad conclusions.

It seems an incredibly harsh punishment, but an occasional swear word aimed at no one in particular, is very different to abuse hurled in a threatening manner at an individual. I can't work out from anything in this thread what the context for the swearing was.

Good point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ive had à letter from the club saying they dont want people like me lol
Well it would be funny if they weren't banning you. So they don't want people who swear - isn't that about 90% of us?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be honest, I've read most of the posts on here, and there is little or no description other than the words themselves of whether they were directed at anyone in particular, whether the OP was next to the home fans shouting at them, at the front row shouting at players, whether he had been warned at all during the course of the game etc. etc. Seems to be very little detail for a lot of people to be making some pretty broad conclusions.

It seems an incredibly harsh punishment, but an occasional swear word aimed at no one in particular, is very different to abuse hurled in a threatening manner at an individual. I can't work out from anything in this thread what the context for the swearing was.
For the punishment he received I sincerely hope the OP went up to a scummer and said "f***ing ****!" so loudly and so violently that the aforesaid scummer was covered in spittle and still has nightmares about it. Even then, prosecute by all means, but a three year ban from football is excessive. If the OP's crime was less than that and it was just a general 'swear' not directed at an individual ... well it's a sad day for Britain really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I knew I'd flush you out. :lol:
Do you remember the last time we had is discussion, and I started a thread about it.

I was nearly run out of dodge for dumbing down NSC.

The fact that now it would be considered the equivalent to a Melvin Bragg lecture.

:thumbsup:

I can seldom resist a vaginal word displacement session. Its fairly high brow stuff when you think about it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For the punishment he received I sincerely hope the OP went up to a scummer and said "f***ing ****!" so loudly and so violently that the aforesaid scummer was covered in spittle and still has nightmares about it. Even then, prosecute by all means, but a three year ban from football is excessive. If the OP's crime was less than that and it was just a general 'swear' not directed at an individual ... well it's a sad day for Britain really.

Well yes I agree, but so far there hasn't really been any indication of what went on. If a steward or officer has already given a warning, then it's more understandable I guess. As you say though, if it was one of bit of bad language, then the punishment is severe beyond belief to say the least.

We are in awkward times for the police and the judiciary, one minute the police are criticised for being too heavy handed, the next they are condemned for a softly softly approach. Not commenting in relation to this case I might add, but that appears to be the way it is.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Seems to be loads of these incredibly harsh banning order/stadium ban stories around at the moment. I wonder if we're playing catch-up a bit with other clubs, i.e. these sorts of bans are being handed out all the time at most clubs of our size, or are we being targeted at the moment?

Will, for example, those Coventry fans who were involved in that incident in the away a few weeks back be issued with 3 year banning orders? I don't think they should receive banning orders, by the way.

If a rugby player chins somebody on the field of play he gets a yellow card and a pat on the back from his manager and the commentator makes a joke about it. If i threaten somebody, who let's say has been shouting something like 'i hope you die of aids' at me and my dad for ten minutes non stop on the train to falmer, i get a custodial sentence and a football banning order. How has this legal situation not been successfully challenged yet, it's clearly not fair.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
You said f***ing koont or koonts? Did you single someone out in the southampton end? Just curious.
just aimed at the southampton fans in general... there were loads of us doing it. we got told to sit down but obviously in the heat of the moment most of us just carried on. we were getting it back from them as well. as i went to the exit i got arrested.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
just aimed at the southampton fans in general... there were loads of us doing it. we got told to sit down but obviously in the heat of the moment most of us just carried on. we were getting it back from them as well. as i went to the exit i got arrested.

daveyboy, even though you are a Brighton ****, :)lol:) I feel for you. We have all done the same and it really is part and parcel of going to football.
Whilst I'm sure they will not be able to do anything about reversing your ridiculous banning order, I would urge you to contact the FSF about this. They really are on our side and the more case histories they have, the better for all of us.
Good luck.

muvs

Aug 31, 2011
look, it's very simple. My understanding of football these days is as follows. Call it a fan's charter, but the bottom line is if you don't like it, suck it up!! Like space, no one will hear you screaming. So stop wasting your time. Try rugby or "get into the olympics".

1. As football supporters, you forfeit many of your everyday rights namely you're guility until you prove your innocence because of hooliganism that took place mostly more than 30years ago now. And all fans are hooligans. This is key to understanding any sentence that's handed down to you when compared to e.g. Texting whilst driving. Ironically, when it comes to getting money out of you, you're time-warped back into the 21st century and are a "customer".

2. If you do persist in trying to prove your innocence, it's conditional upon authorities being prepared to listen. If they don't want to, you're still guilty.

3. If they are prepared to listen, or you already agree you're guilty but feel the sentence is a bit ott and you'd like to appeal, it's likely they'll only do so after you've appointed a soliciator (and who's going to do that in this age of austerity?) nb: Authorities know this, and thus draconnian like sentences can be administered. The chances of you winning are less than the lottery. Seriously.

4. Any person's (in a position of authority at a football match) word counts far more than the fan deemed to be offending. Even the person in a position of authority is being unreasonable, it's a case of mistaken identity or said offence is deemed petty when compared to other outside-football breaches of common or criminal law.

5. People who shout (anything, not just industrial language) at football matches, stand up or otherwise draw attention to themselves in anyway significantly increase their chances of being targetted by the authorities as "a trouble-maker".

6. Re: Point 5, once identified by authorities as such, it's only a matter of time: Your number's up. Start taking an interest in "local" football.

7. Following your club threw hell or highwater counts for nothing. The club's management in difficult times is never the same as when it's on the up. This is a very important point to note and something most supporters struggle to understand. The same people taking your money, selling your ground and basically abusing the bizzare business model that is football frequently changes. And there is no "debt of gratitude" obligation that passes between regimes. At the start of every season, everyone is equal. Especially jcls.

8. It's their ball. And they choose who plays with it.

9. Pay up. Sit down. Shut up. You'll get what you're given.

10. Expressing outrage on the internet is pointless. A complete waste of energy. Unless you're prepared to go through with pt.3's "snowflake in hell chance"? Good luck if so, chances are you have many people's sympathy. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about it.

Seriously, the above might seem cynical, but it's actually got more truths in it than you realise. Certainly many people's experience. The cost benefit equation we all have to work out for ourselves is whether all of the above is a price worth paying when e.g. Robbie reinelt, gordon smith, adam virgo, dean wilkins or johnny byrne's flying header at anfield crashes the ball into the back of net? For me, it is :) but you might feel very different....

this!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
have never been into a restaurant and been told to sit down shut up and eat your food ???

The old La Cantina in Warwick Street in Worthing prided itself on its rudeness.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

But only you were prosecuted?

For swearing?

Or ignoring steward requests to sit down and refrain from acting in a violent and aggressive manner?

Don't be coy now, throw some details into the mix.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I find it even more astonishing that players are swearing on the pitch countless times and they get sweet fa punishment from the refs,it just doesn't add up and to be fair swearing at football is a must:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here