Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

280k - DK Confirms none on players

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
well he has made a rod for his own back now by saying that our budget is in the the higher ranks of league one.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I'm going to say fair play to DK here. Yes, the money was earnt through the fans, BUT at the end of the day, I think Falmer is our main prioity at the moment.

Also, we would't exactly get all of the money in one go as Fenerbache is paying in monthly instalments, so were not going to get anyone that decent anyway from the money we recieve between now and the end of the window.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Yeh thats all very well, but he does have to heat the swimming pool at his villa in Spain during the winter months ! And thats not going to be cheap, so fair play to him, hes doing it for his family and to keep Mrs Knight satisfied. And we are a family friendly club so hes getting his priorities right, good on you Dick !

So ... which players SHOULD be sold to pay for the Falmer legal costs?

Or would people prefer the debts to mount to the point at which the Club has to go into administration?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I don't see what this has got to do with Falmer. I'm not suggesting the board should or shouldn't do anything regarding Falmer - in fact, I've been fully supportive of the way they have gone about most things over the last few years. But, for one minute, forget Falmer. Now, just consider the fact that a fan has won the club some money which has to be spent on players - money that could never have been expected by the club. Do you really think the club have acted honourably throughout the whole coca cola affair, from selling CKR earlier than was anticipated, and not re-investing either any of the remaining money, to now taking the profits from what is essentially not their money to pay Falmer costs?

That is a very bizarre take on the matter!

As soon as the money was paid to the club it became THEIR money. The only stipulation was that it should be spent on buying a player and paying his wages.
Nothing in the Coca Cola rules said that the player could not be sold as and when the club chose or when the player wanted to go. Nothing said that any resultant money should only be spent on players.

"...forget Falmer"? How can you possibly say that? It is far and away the most important single item on the club's agenda. It is the future of the club and if the CKR money helps that, I'm all for it, and I'm delighted we got it.

Would you rather we bought a player for that money, but didn't get Falmer?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have no idea what Dean's budget is so I'm happy to wait and see who we sign before slagging DK off for withholding this windfall for Falmer. Maybe the budget is a big budget for this league, I'm doubtful but .....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We have no idea what Dean's budget is so I'm happy to wait and see who we sign before slagging DK off for withholding this windfall for Falmer. Maybe the budget is a big budget for this league, I'm doubtful but .....

I just wonder if it will be bigger than Leeds'. After all, they do have a few issues ....... Mind you that's not stopped them in the past has it ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So ... which players SHOULD be sold to pay for the Falmer legal costs?

Or would people prefer the debts to mount to the point at which the Club has to go into administration?

Dead right but some fans can only just see past their noses.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I for one would rather see the money disappear nto the 'black hole' than us having to sell the only quality players we have left.

Would rather keep players like Hammond and Cox and also Lynch than have a percentage of this money... which has already been pointed out isn't going to come in one payment.

I think the club has a little more ambition than alot of people on here think, but we also have to be sensible.

Also credit to Dick for coming out and being honest straight away, rather than the normal trick of saying nothing and letting us all assume that it will be thrown at new players.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are literally near the finishing line on Falmer and I have no problem with what is happening as Falmer is by far the bigger issue here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here