Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

28 Weeks Later

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So so. Some ridiculous plot contrivances but if you like this sort of thing I would say its ok. There is a scene with a helicopter that is pretty mint.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Saw it on Friday, good. Made bad by the fact I had debilitating muscle spasms in my right leg and could barely walk the 300 yards from my seat to the tram afterwards though :(

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Simon Morgan said:
Doesn't it have a shot of the new Wembley stadium in it being destroyed or something?

No. They have to get there to escape in a helicopter and its just run down is all. The grass is a bit overgrown basically.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
MYOB said:
For a movie set in 2003, Wembley is extremely completed looking :lolol:

Didn't you think it was a bit ridiculous how Begbies pass got him into proper secure areas?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I grew up watching horror films of any standard, including that of the Dentist, Pin and Dr Giggles. Thought this one was alright. Horific at times. Testing at others. Laughable in moments.
The odd pertinent question wondered through the mind, though, of American military dynamite and slaughter of anyone who might carry the missile/disease that spread. The war on terror. Rehashing of the blitz, destruction and bruised ethnic identity.
And some brilliantly torn human forms, both mentally and physically.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I saw it, it was rubbish. I hadn't seen the first one though. Some of the mass killing is actually quite funny.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I saw it and thought it was good - nice Iraq overtones and some splattertastic action. Helicopter scene is marvellous.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i saw the first one but wasn't overlly impressed with it , would take alot for me to waste my time with this one..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
People only go to see the '28 Days' franchise to see what London looks like either completely empty or with dead bodies stacked up - and go WOW! Apart from that, the actual plot'n'zombie content is strictly Hammer horror

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I saw this today. It was a little bit too bloody for my liking and there were a few things that didn't quite stack up. Like how 50 million diseased corpses managed to get cleared up in a matter of weeks.

I was impressed though. The filming and atmospherics were superb, gritty and realistic. The gore scenes were pretty special particularly the helicopter/zombie/propellor carnage scene. The sniper scenes also seemed incredibly realistic.

I liked the first one so that probably helped but I thought it was entertaining, edge-of-the-seat stuff and there were a couple of bits where the Mrs literally leaped out of her seat which always adds to the entertainment factor .
:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Originally posted by Rangdo there were a few things that didn't quite stack up. Like how 50 million diseased corpses managed to get cleared up in a matter of weeks. [/B]
Scale that down to 50,000 and we could have a solution to the Croydon problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here