Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

26 points from the last 22 games!!!!!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
This is a shocking return and I believe we are underachieving. The squad gus has put together is very strong and I think we should be in the playoffs and pushing for promotion. And when you look at the table and see we have only won TWO more games than the team BOTTOM of the league it shows we haven't made much progress since last season. People keep saying we need a few more season in the championship but I disagree if we don't go up this yr then it's bye bye bridge, bridcutt and Buckley and a ageing squad is another year older. The next two games are so big they are must win.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You have to learn to walk before you can run. There are only half a dozen teams in this league that will scrap for relegation , we ain't one of 'em

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Disagree. Sure, we have not been in majestic form of late but we were in the beginning. I think we have just regressed to the mean at the moment which is "higher than last year" for me. If we finish in the playoffs, I will be delighted but I still see that as a slight overachievement. There is a shed load of money and Premier League experience in this division and people often lose sight of the fact that we are still a developing club in comparision to most of the division.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Disagree. Sure, we have not been in majestic form of late but we were in the beginning. I think we have just regressed to the mean at the moment which is "higher than last year" for me. If we finish in the playoffs, I will be delighted but I still see that as a slight overachievement. There is a shed load of money and Premier League experience in this division and people often lose sight of the fact that we are still a developing club in comparision to most of the division.

Don't be posting sensible, level-headed posts like this! We should be top of the league and not losing to anyone this season with the squad we've got.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that it's more relevant that if we'd got just 0.2 points more per game this year we'd be in a playoff position.

Last chance saloon now though, so really need a win v Hull so as not to fall further back.

Palace play watford and middlesbrough in the next 2 matches so points above us will be dropped.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Don't be posting sensible, level-headed posts like this! We should be top of the league and not losing to anyone this season with the squad we've got.

Sorry... Sack the board!!! Sack Gus and all the backroom staff!!! We've only got ONE good player!!! Kill Barnes!!! Put Greer out with Ol' Yeller!!!

Better?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is a shocking return and I believe we are underachieving. The squad gus has put together is very strong and I think we should be in the playoffs and pushing for promotion. And when you look at the table and see we have only won TWO more games than the team BOTTOM of the league it shows we haven't made much progress since last season. People keep saying we need a few more season in the championship but I disagree if we don't go up this yr then it's bye bye bridge, bridcutt and Buckley and a ageing squad is another year older. The next two games are so big they are must win.

You're right. 8th at the beginning of February is UNACCEPTABLE with our COLLOSAL playing budget.

Can I ask how long you've been an albion fan?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

cant say i agree with you...... clubs like sheff wed and huddersfield have come up and are finding it harder than we did, we have gone from league 1 relegation fodder to a comfortable established top half championship club in a few short years, yes the draws are frustrating, yes the tactics and lack of any plan b can frustrating, yes we should probably have done better with the talent we have and won more games..... but we are moving in the right direction if a little slower than many would like.

we'll get there eventually

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
our record would have been better if we had played to our strenghts more, especailly at home. we have the most attacking squad in the league yet continue to play 1 up front at home. Been syaing it for ages along with others, 442 would suit us better, its worked great for Leicester, Cardiff and Palace, why do we think it should be different. I would rather win 5-4 every week than draw or lose 1-0 to teams that stick 11 men behind the ball.

I love our club and actually am happy to stay in the championship as its a very good standard and we actually have a chance of winning every game, but minor changes to the home line up could of yeided about 4 more wins and then we are in the play offs.

I would just like to add, I love Poyet and his decision is final and Ill stick by him.
Super seasgulls

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gus out.
Bloom out.
Sell the stadium and move back to Withdean.
Scrap the Academy plans.
Send back the slow boat from China (with the new seats).
The season is well and truly over.

See you all in September - and we'll probably be relegated to L1 because we aren't technically "safe" yet.

No progress to see here.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
But the club is now set up to be in the premiership , that's why players like Bruno and Lopez signed for us because they want to play in the prem. I'm positive when gus meet with these players they were told they would be pushing for promtion and wouldn't have signed if he had said we were playing for mid table.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the OP isn't totally out of order, we ARE underachieving with this squad.

I'm not concerned about it though, we're putting the squad together and getting ourselves set up so when we make the step up, we're ready for it. I have absolutely no doubts that we'll be in the Premier League before too long, and no doubts at all that Poyet is the man to take us there. And then keep us there, which is what really matters. It's not an overnight job, Poyet has my total support because we ARE improving all the time and I have no doubts that if we miss out this season (not a disaster), we'll be right at the top of the league next season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
But the club is now set up to be in the premiership , that's why players like Bruno and Lopez signed for us because they want to play in the prem. I'm positive when gus meet with these players they were told they would be pushing for promtion and wouldn't have signed if he had said we were playing for mid table.

Lopez is only on a deal for this season and will prob be off if we don't get promoted, Bruno signed for 2 years so will be here next season.

The club won't be fully set up for the next level until the squad train on club premises and not a public gym.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I don won't poyet out, I just thought when we started the season we would be in a slightly stronger position . Maybe I expect to much and the experienced players we signed are not as good as I thought.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
People keep saying we need a few more season in the championship but I disagree if we don't go up this yr then it's bye bye bridge, bridcutt and Buckley and a ageing squad is another year older. The next two games are so big they are must win.

Why will the three B's go at the end of the season, yes Bridge has a decision to make but in light of Beckham's "monies isn't important anymore" decision will Bridge follow suit for the love of playing rather than bench warming in the premiership. Bridcutt and Buckley are on good contracts and will cost a fair wack if they go, which will give a nice war chest for Gus to replace them.

Ageing squad - of course we have EVERY club without an acadamy will have an ageing squad - I cannot wait for five years time when we have one of the best acadamy set ups in the country, we are already attracting high class youngsters and that will only improve once its has been built. Then we will see a squad with a great mix of experience and youth.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

At least 6 clubs in this division are set up to be in the Prem. EVERYONE wants to get to the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here