Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

250k offer for Lee Barnard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They could feasibly make the play-offs, but I doubt it. They are only TWO points better off than US.

That's a cracking front two they've got now. Personally I think Barnard is a better player than Lambert - certainly a lot more mobile. Should work quite well together.

As for the undisclosed fee, its reported in the Southampton Echo as £175k, which is a bargain in my eyes. A Saints youngster, Matt Paterson has gone the other way, to replace Barnard [but not, I think, as part of the same deal].

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Scumhampton spending all this money on players after they were in adminstration in the summer f***ing stinks. Can't stand the cunts. :angry:

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
Scumhampton spending all this money on players after they were in adminstration in the summer f***ing stinks. Can't stand the cunts. :angry:

gotta agree with you all this about financial trouble and they just keep spending, still there probaly gonna just put them selfs in the same situation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Southampton surely have to be big favourites to go up next year. If they got Barnard for that little, I do feel for Southend. As stated by HKFC, a better player than Lambert, who cost nearly 10 times that.

He was out of contract in the summer, and had declared he was not going to sign a new deal. They had no choice but to take the money now - just like when Hammond left us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Completely different ownership though. The new guys have every right to spend, if they can afford it. Its nothing like Leeds, where the debts got written off, but Bates stayed in charge, under a different company name.

And amost certainly, that 10 point deduction is all that is going to stop them going up this year, so they have at least had some punishment, unlike others whose minus ten has made no difference.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When I suggested 3 months or so ago that I fancied Southampton to get promotion this season everybody laughed at me. Doesnt seem so funny or outrageous now.

Three months ago, it was more likely than it is now. They are putting a great side together, and will no doubt be the team to beat next season, but right now, they are 2 (TWO) points above us.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Signing Lambert and Barnard almost seems like cheating. Especially when you think they were in administration a few months ago.

Would laugh if they end up stuck in this league like Leeds.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Signing Lambert and Barnard almost seems like cheating.

and Hammond, and Harding, and Connolly, and Jose Fontaine [for £1.2million], and Seagrove from Exeter for a load, and Ostemebor.

Supposedly they are going to buy Brian Stock from Donny this week too, for £800k, just becuase Hammond and Schneiderlin are out for three weeks...

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
and Hammond, and Harding, and Connolly, and Jose Fontaine [for £1.2million], and Seagrove from Exeter for a load, and Ostemebor.

Supposedly they are going to buy Brian Stock from Donny this week too, for £800k, just becuase Hammond and Schneiderlin are out for three weeks...

Absolute joke if they get Stock. Would have thought his next move would be up, not down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolute joke if they get Stock. Would have thought his next move would be up, not down.

I'm sure they can offer better wages than Donny, even a league lower, and he's local to here. Started at Bournemouth, and was even possibly at Saints as a kid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Three months ago, it was more likely than it is now. They are putting a great side together, and will no doubt be the team to beat next season, but right now, they are 2 (TWO) points above us.

Sorry it was 5 months ago when the season started and they were bottom with -10 points. Time just flies by when you are getting older. Still think that they are a good bet for promotion even though they are only 2 points above us I would rate their chances a lot higher than ours.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You do wonder, Saints all but went bust owing millions and yet less than a year on they are spening like Texas Oilman with six arms.

Obviously the way to go is into Administation, maybe Tangoman is more shrewd than we thought.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You do wonder, Saints all but went bust owing millions and yet less than a year on they are spening like Texas Oilman with six arms.

Obviously the way to go is into Administation, maybe Tangoman is more shrewd than we thought.

Are you not terribly bright?

The Saints situation is explained already, and as for Jordan - he is Crystal Palace's biggest creditor. If they went bust it is HIM that would lose money. That is precisely why they haven't gone into administration.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So did Southampton's creditors all get paid off last year then?

Or have they done one of those pathetic deals whereby they pay the creditors 20p in the pound and then start from scratch, spending their new money as freely as they like while laughing at those they owed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here