Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

250k offer for Lee Barnard.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If Saints do get him then him and Ricky Lambert would be a quality strike force.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3313478 said:
That's him going to Leeds then.

Unless we offer astronomical wages.
Leeds supposedly wanted McNulty last Jan but he still ended up here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
“All these clubs are vying for promotion and are formally of at least Championship status.”

I think that rules us out.

also "because the player recognises that he might double or even treble his wages at the clubs that have enquired,". at this stage of our progress i dont see us doubling Southend wages.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
It amazes me where Leeds and Saints get their money from? It wasn't that long ago that both those clubs were in deep shit financially. As a result of Bloom's takeover, I would have thought we are more stable financially and should be able to compete with them in transfer fees between 150,000 - 250,000?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It amazes me where Leeds and Saints get their money from? It wasn't that long ago that both those clubs were in deep shit financially. As a result of Bloom's takeover, I would have thought we are more stable financially and should be able to compete with them in transfer fees between 150,000 - 250,000?
Southampton were taken over by Swiss billionaires and Ken Bates cheated the system.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Would f***ing love it if we got him, We won't though.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I expect that we can complete with the transfer fee, its everything else that we cant - wages, stadium, training facilities, and a winning football team.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'd be surprised if we were even in for him much as I would love it. The Southend quote appears to directly rule us out of being one of the three clubs in the mix so I suspect this is a case of someone seeing that he was available/likely to move and assuming or wishing that it must be to us............what are fans like? :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Would f***ing love it if we got him, We won't though.

my thoughts too.
would be a great replacement for Fozzie when he hangs his boots up and if he came on and scored the winner in a vital match to keep us up, any price would be reasonably OK and would bed him in for a championship push next season

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

They have large grounds that generate large cash flows to fund transfers and wages. they also both went into administration as a result of overspending, wiping out their debts in the process.

Bloom is digging into his pocket for the stadium, No.1 priority, and hofully he'll find some cash from time to time to fund the squad too. but i dont think we should expect him to be shelling out loads of money, and if intends to i'd rather he did so when we are in the Chamionship/Premiership :)p). the club needs to be run in a financially sound and viable manner, others are doing this (Villa and Reading spring to mind) and we should be able too once we have our own 25k seater stadium. :albion2: :falmer: :albion1:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If people bothered to do a quick search on this pillock they will see he is full of shit.Look how many rumour bollocks he posts.

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
We do however have a new stadium - that is going up and a chairman with ambition. Ok we can not compete with saints but not that far behind in this division. In fact if we were higher up the league in a play off spot we could attract a lot more players even though withdean is crap. What does matter is whether a player is prepared to wait 2/3 seasons for championship football.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
From Southend Echo

“There has been interest from two League One clubs over the past few days with a third club, again in League One, making enquiries yesterday.

“All these clubs are vying for promotion and are formally of at least Championship status.”

The third club interested in Barnard have not yet tabled on offer but it does seem certain the striker will leave – possibly even before this weekend’s clash with Wycombe Wanderers.

I think that should read "formerly" not "formally". I thought Albion were trying not to vie for relegation still?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
soton have got one hell of a strike force now, think we can count out going up as champions next season!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Even if we are in for him, as others have said he will either join Leeds or Saints.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here