Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Years Ago Today

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Despite having a ticket, at this moment in time I was working in Trenchard Hall Officers Mess at The Royal Air Force College Cranwell.

A big thank you to Sgt Kenneth Woods :tosser: who, despite my having an agreement with SACW Susan Hill to do my shift, would not let me have a days leave.

:angry::censored::rant:

What a wanker!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's 2.21pm now and yes the atmosphere's good - but you can't help but notice that the "best chairman we ever had" (according to some deluded souls on here) appears to have flogged half of our Wembley standing allocation off to the Man U fans. Can't pretend it didn't take a little bit of the shine off the day at the time.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
It's 2.21pm now and yes the atmosphere's good - but you can't help but notice that the "best chairman we ever had" (according to some deluded souls on here) appears to have flogged half of our Wembley standing allocation off to the Man U fans. Can't pretend it didn't take a little bit of the shine off the day at the time.

Not sure how true this is. I've just accosted a Manure fan in the concourse below. He's got a ticket for the lower tier and it's got Middlesex FA stamped on it. He reckons that the lower tier tickets go mainly to local county FA's.

Looking forward to singing Abide With Me and keeping my fingers crossed that Smith scores the first goal at 16-1.

:yahoo::yahoo::albion2::ascarf::ascarf:Teams have shaken hand s with the Dukke of kent and are now peeling away to their respective ends, as the fan acclaim their heroes.............

We at the tunnel end CANNOT QUITE BELIEVE OUR EYES................:ohmy:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
:( Jealous.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:clap2:Gordon Smith

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I was glued to Grandstand, had been all morning. Was dressed in my full British Caledonian kit, socks an' all.

Felt very poorly, though - was diagnosed with diabetes the day after the replay. Doctor told my folks I only had days to live :eek:

Was a strange week all in all.

At least you got to the Semi-Final, Tim. And on my ticket as well. ;)

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
25 years ago today in yugoslavia , thanks mum, and no i dont let her forget it.

Gordoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

.......And Smith Must Score.............and he hasn't ..........and bailey has saved it........and there's the final whistle

:eek::cry::shrug::thud::bowdown:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shit, was that your ticket?! Thanks! :blush: I remember some sort of hoo-ha about getting tickets, but what was the real story?

The real story as I remember it:

Dad and I had been along to the games to collect the vouchers for the Cup games, but we couldn't go owing to a previously-booked family holiday in Rhodes.

Ever the nice guy, my Dad offered the Semi-Final tickets to your father to give you both the chance to go to Highbury.

And the rest is history!:)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here