Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Zaha is £25m...

Lua Lua - £30m
Buckley - £30m
Vicente - £85m

by Palace's valuations.

Are you stupid?

None of the players you list came through the FABLED Chrystal Palace Academy, thus are not subject to the automatic ten-fold increase in value which such entails.

As such, your valuations are well wide of the mark.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
The only two players with talent in that team ( ok the ageing Ambrose can be useful)...... they will miss them,..... whats the odds on Palace relegation now then?

You obviously know nothing about our side then! Williams, Jedinak, Gardner, Speroni are all top class players at this level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You obviously know nothing about our side then! Williams, Jedinak, Gardner, Speroni are all top class players at this level.

Speroni is a very good keeper, and Williams has huge potential (much more so than Zaha, for me). the other two are no more than average Championship players. You're struggling if you're holding those to up as examples of the quality in your squad.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So why are you so low in the table? Poor Management?

Amazing isn't it? Acording to the Nigels they have by FAR the better manager, and by FAR the berrer squad but don't try and question why they aren't above us in the table, as they'll make up some twaddle about being a work in progress even though they already have the better team (according to them).

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
So why are you so low in the table? Poor Management?

Combination of things in my view.

1. We lack a natural goal scorer. We have drawn so many games 0-0 or 1-1 this season. If we'd had a consistent goal scorer a lot of those draws would have been turned to wins, our defence is very solid. Jermaine Easter and Chris Martin are not the answer. The club know this though and Parish has said in the last few days that a striker in the summer is our main priorty.

2. The cup run affected our league form without a doubt. If we had gone out in the first round i'm convinced we would be in the top 10 now.

3. We lost Jedinak, Gardner, Wright and Williams for the season all at the same time about 6 weeks ago. 3 of said players are easily in our top 6 best players. I know all teams get injuries but to lose these players all at the same time was cruel and has resulted in some awful results and performances at the end of the season. This tells me that with our best 11 out we are a match for anyone but our squad is not strong enough in depth at the moment.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

1. We lack a natural goal scorer. We have drawn so many games 0-0 or 1-1 this season. If we'd had a consistent goal scorer a lot of those draws would have been turned to wins. Jermaine Easter and Chris Martin are not the answer. The club know this though and Parish has said in the last few days that a striker in the summer is our main priorty.

Bollocks, you have Murray- our top goalscorere last Season. He's a confidence player but once in for would easily score goals in this Division. The fault of your management for next getting the best out of him. Poor management.

2. The cup run affected our league form without a doubt. If we had gone out in the first round i'm convinced we would be in the top 10 now.

You weren't complaining about that at the time, we weren't without our cup runs also.

3. We lost Jedinak, Gardner, Wright and Williams for the season all at the same time about 6 weeks ago. 3 of said players are easily in our top 6 best players. I know all teams get injuries but to lose these players all at the same time was cruel and has resulted in some awful results and performances at the end of the season. This tells me that with our best 11 out we are a match for anyone but our squad is not strong enough in depth at the moment.

Our best player Vicente has been out for half the Season, along with a number of other minor injuries, Buckley was out for a while, Kazenga has a stop start to eh season due to injury. If we had Vicente for the whole season I have no doubt we would be in the playoffs. The players you mention other than Williams are in no way as influential as the likes of Vicente and Buckley.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1. We lack a natural goal scorer. We have drawn so many games 0-0 or 1-1 this season. If we'd had a consistent goal scorer a lot of those draws would have been turned to wins, our defence is very solid. Jermaine Easter and Chris Martin are not the answer. The club know this though and Parish has said in the last few days that a striker in the summer is our main priorty.

1. Every team in the league can say that. From the six Palace games I saw this season, your problem has been that you create so few chances, rather than not taking them.

2. Yes, I can see how playing ONE more cup tie than us explains finishing 8 places lower in the league.

3. Can't argue with that, except that your opinion of Jedinak and Gardner is much higher than mine.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

If they were, you wouldn't be a bottom half side, which you are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
official stats only give him one

Off the top of my head, he should be credited at the very least with the pass for CMS at home to Ipswich, and also the cross-shot which went in v Newcastle.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
1. Every team in the league can say that. From the six Palace games I saw this season, your problem has been that you create so few chances, rather than not taking them.

2. Yes, I can see how playing ONE more cup tie than us explains finishing 8 places lower in the league.

3. Can't argue with that, except that your opinion of Jedinak and Gardner is much higher than mine.

I think we create a lack of chances as Freedman is not yet confident with the team attacking wise so focuses on a more defensive and containing game. If we can add 1 top striker and an attacking midfielder to replace the horrendous Easter, Martin and KG, then i think the chances and goals will come.

Jedinak is an absoloute beast, trust me. I wouldn't swap him for any other defensive midfielder in the league. He wins a massive amount of 50/50 tackles and headers, it's just his passing that can let him down but that is improving. Gardner is also a top player for us and will more than likely win our POTY this year.

And in regards to the point about Murray(post above your's) , i totally agree, bad managment. He is a class player in my view and capable of over 15 goals a season if the team play's to his strenghts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wish people would stop putting monetary values on Zaha as if he was simply just another footballer, because he's not. He's the voice of a generation.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Oh stop it :lolol: please, just stop it :lolol: my aching sides can't take much more :lolol:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Oh stop it :lolol: please, just stop it :lolol: my aching sides can't take much more :lolol:

We are 7 points off 10th, hardly a crazy statement.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I think we create a lack of chances as Freedman is not yet confident with the team attacking wise so focuses on a more defensive and containing game. If we can add 1 top striker and an attacking midfielder to replace the horrendous Easter, Martin and KG:

But Zaha is the best attacking midfielder in the world? Surely you dont need another?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here