Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23,661

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Strange as it was sung very loudly after the free kick against manu ....

I know. That's when I thought 'don't hear that very often these days'. :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Total nonsense.. I have enjoyed this seasons football more than any other at the Amex. It nice to play with two up front and with wingers. If we had better strikers we would be spanking teams. The togetherness of the squad is there to see which is another bonus,

I agree with that - the football is the best we have played, regardless of the league position (that 'never lies').

Personally however I have suffered agonies, and had to leave early yesterday in order to preserve my sanity. But I accept that this is probably just me . . . . .

Nothing to do with the thrust of my post though, which was . . . er, I forget . . . .

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, nonsense to you. But that is you. Not the numbers not attending. People will see things differently to you.
I don't think too many are staying away in protest at passing the ball forwards, sometimes even more than a few yards, rather than just across the back four and back again, occasionally back to the GK.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Am I alone in being a teeny bit disappointed that more of the good people of Sussex are not coming out to see the Albion still?

I appreciate yesterday there wasn't a large away contingent and there were the train issues from the West, but I still looked around at kick-off and most stands looked a bit 'gappy'.

Over 23,000 is wonderful of course - don't get me wrong. Most clubs in the division would love to have that level of support. I just want a few more people to come along and enjoy the current ride.

um, we're not all from Sussex...I drive up from Dorchester.....

Fair play, something very sad in that post.

I'll just leave it to the new fans, the ones I never saw at Withers,

Please don't get me wrong, I know how important it is for my/our club to get to the top table. But I'm not sure I want to be a part of everything I find abhorrent in modern football.

I can just about afford to do it now, both financially and family wise, but I'll be buggered if I'll do the same thing when Sky move every other game.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I'll just leave it to the new fans, the ones I never saw at Withers,

Please don't get me wrong, I know how important it is for my/our club to get to the top table. But I'm not sure I want to be a part of everything I find abhorrent in modern football.

I can just about afford to do it now, both financially and family wise, but I'll be buggered if I'll do the same thing when Sky move every other game.

I did gillingham and withdean i love going to the albion and would go whatever league or stadium we were in and as long as my finances can take it. Cant do away now as have a 10 month old baby. Its in my blood good bad indifferent or corporate. I hope you get ur albion mojo back.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The club really need to make an effort and give away tickets to Sussex football clubs and, schools . This place should be rocking on a Saturday afternoon with thousands of kids and families, Someone needs to take this on and fill the stadium.let students come in for a fiver a ticket. Let NHS come in for a fiver. Come on Brighton lets pack this place. People will come once or twice and then they will want more. Brighton be proactive don't just sit back. Let's fill the place.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Still the highest crowd of the day for the Championship. Hull v Middlesbrough drew 20,352 for a top of the table clash.
how does it go? End of thread?.....3k more than top of the table v a large supported team also near the top. Get real people our attendances are REALLY good for a club of our size.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Your named cropped up by the way , there's a trend developing with crowd figures and it's a slipping trend can't you see that
regards
DR

My name cropped up ?

Don't recall being in a fight at a football match recently

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If you pay for sky sports you are part of the problem.

I don't think you are. Unless you want to count the billions of Asians who watch Premier. Dwarfs any UK paying fans who are 'contributing'

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes. Struggling in or near the bottom three seriously impacted on ST renewals which means this seasons average is around 24K not 26K.
PS: There wasn't a "lack of investment"...Baldock, Stockdale, Stephens didn't come cheap. And all those loanees, as disapponting as they were, were still being paid hefty wages.

....the majority of wages which are picked up by the parent club!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I personally (as a sth) would have no problem with many more £10 ticket games etc - even if it worked out better value than my season ticket I'd much rather see fuller attendances than empty seats. Anyone who disagrees is being incredibly selfish IMO. £30-£40 is silly money - even £20 a game would be nice in certain areas...

Yep i wouldnt mind either.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The club are paying the price for the absolute ABOMINATION of last season. We lost 3000 sth's and a lot of people were rightly angry at the way it was going and having the piss taken. The total lack of investment in the team for 2 years, relying on average at best loanees who did not give a rat's arse, selling any decent player we had for a year or 2 and most bizarrely Tony Bloom keeping hold of a Manager a 5 year old could see was clueless by early October.

That's what accounted for us 3 not renewing

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The club really need to make an effort and give away tickets to Sussex football clubs and, schools . This place should be rocking on a Saturday afternoon with thousands of kids and families, Someone needs to take this on and fill the stadium.let students come in for a fiver a ticket. Let NHS come in for a fiver. Come on Brighton lets pack this place. People will come once or twice and then they will want more. Brighton be proactive don't just sit back. Let's fill the place.
So the ST holders that pay every month like clockwork should sit next to family's getting in for a fiver? I don't think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here