Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23,661

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with you. However, since the game is going to be played anyway (and the players paid) why not?. Sometimes as many as 5,000 seats can be empty. Why not give charitable concessions? Unless you hate the poor I can't see a reason why not.

Email Paul Barber with your suggestion. I'm sure he'll be all ears.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Although Hughton is getting results he has erroded our style of play. This probably has a large effect. If you are a floating fan, why go and see another generic football team playing generic football? We should have retained our style.

Under Gus in 2012/13 - our best season perhaps in the Amex. 16 out of the 23 home games were either draws, defeats or wins by a single goal...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I share completely Darren's sentiments. Its quite a long 180 mile round trip haul for me, and I know others who come from further (Jim in Bristol, as did the OP himself not so long ago), but I can't see them or me drifting away. Luckily work isn't as fraught as it once was, and my home games are now as inescapable as a morning shower.

But Brighton never was a 'football town', and we always had a bit of an inferiority complex, as one might expect given our meagre 4 buttock clenching years in the top flight, interrupting largeley a division 3 slog.

One thing I think has improved, and is the hallmark of transition to more widespread confidence and self respect, is the diminishing amount of ref baiting. 'You don't know what you're doing' is rarely heard in the top flight, but was an every match event before we moved to the Amex. We hardly ever get it now. Maturity.

It is transition time, and we are heading in the right direction, and we can hang on to our pride and growing confidence, and more people will come to love The Albion as most people on NSC do. Seagulls! :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I arrived at 2.30 yesterday and saw people queueing 3 deep at the ticket offices to buy or collect tickets. There must have been some casual visitors or one match fans for it to have been that busy.

I am fed up with the people who say there is no atmosphere. Maybe you haven't gone to an away match for a long time, but the atmosphere at the Amex is good compare to 90% of the other Championship clubs. We do pretty well considering.

Spot on. The atmosphere at the Amex is, on the whole, very good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
yes but to be honest I don't think they're seen as a viable option these days , cynical marketing ploys to attract " the right customer " what do you reckon ?
regards
DR

They failed in my case then. Working class and poor.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I arrived at 2.30 yesterday and saw people queueing 3 deep at the ticket offices to buy or collect tickets. There must have been some casual visitors or one match fans for it to have been that busy.

I am fed up with the people who say there is no atmosphere. Maybe you haven't gone to an away match for a long time, but the atmosphere at the Amex is good compare to 90% of the other Championship clubs. We do pretty well considering.

Agreed we always have a good sing song a rant at the ref in wsu block g

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I personally (as a sth) would have no problem with many more £10 ticket games etc - even if it worked out better value than my season ticket I'd much rather see fuller attendances than empty seats. Anyone who disagrees is being incredibly selfish IMO. £30-£40 is silly money - even £20 a game would be nice in certain areas...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Although Hughton is getting results he has erroded our style of play. This probably has a large effect. If you are a floating fan, why go and see another generic football team playing generic football? We should have retained our style.

Total nonsense.. I have enjoyed this seasons football more than any other at the Amex. It nice to play with two up front and with wingers. If we had better strikers we would be spanking teams. The togetherness of the squad is there to see which is another bonus,

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I share completely Darren's sentiments. Its quite a long 180 mile round trip haul for me, and I know others who come from further (Jim in Bristol, as did the OP himself not so long ago), but I can't see them or me drifting away. Luckily work isn't as fraught as it once was, and my home games are now as inescapable as a morning shower.

But Brighton never was a 'football town', and we always had a bit of an inferiority complex, as one might expect given our meagre 4 buttock clenching years in the top flight, interrupting largeley a division 3 slog.

One thing I think has improved, and is the hallmark of transition to more widespread confidence and self respect, is the diminishing amount of ref baiting. 'You don't know what you're doing' is rarely heard in the top flight, but was an every match event before we moved to the Amex. We hardly ever get it now. Maturity.

It is transition time, and we are heading in the right direction, and we can hang on to our pride and growing confidence, and more people will come to love The Albion as most people on NSC do. Seagulls! :)

Strange as it was sung very loudly after the free kick against manu ....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The sort of striker that has left Blackburn in 16th, Fulham in 12th and Reading in 9th place a third of the way into the season then.

Yes, exactly. Any of those three would walk into our 1st XI. The difference is we've already brought quality into the rest of the team and still have money to spend whereas those three spunked a huge chunk of their total budget on one player and still have big deficiencies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not if you pick tickets up at the ground it isn't.

I'm in the seasons ticket camp, but thinking of binning the whole thing off next season.

The north stand and west lower wings are £25 for a C game, for a full adult. You can use P&R by saying you are picking up a ticket at the ground, or print off a ticket at home for use on a train or bus.

The north stand and west lower wings are £25 for a C game, for a full adult. You can use P&R by saying you are picking up a ticket at the ground, or print off a ticket at home for use on a train or bus.

Try that from Burgess Hill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here