Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2024 Copa América - Julio Enciso, Jeremy Sarmiento and Tom McGill

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Canada win after a shootout and Tom McGill is heading to the semis. Canada are two wins from being crowned South American champions. A small matter of the Mac lad and Argentina next.

A great match. Canada had so many chances to win it in normal time and deserved to win.

No idea how they worked out the knockout draw though. Canada and Argentina were in the same group. It makes no sense they meet each other in the semi final.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
A great match. Canada had so many chances to win it in normal time and deserved to win.

No idea how they worked out the knockout draw though. Canada and Argentina were in the same group. It makes no sense they meet each other in the semi final.
With only four groups, I don't think there's any way they can make it so they couldn't meet again in the semis. Colombia may meet Brazil again too.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
With only four groups, I don't think there's any way they can make it so they couldn't meet again in the semis. Colombia may meet Brazil again too.
You could easily separate them:

One half of the draw: A1 vs B2 and C1 vs D2 the winners meet in the semi final
Other half: A2 vs B1 and C2 vs D1 the winners meet in other the semi final

I'm pretty sure that's how the Euros worked when it was 4 groups.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Canada win after a shootout and Tom McGill is heading to the semis. Canada are two wins from being crowned South American champions. A small matter of the Mac lad and Argentina next.

Tom won't get a sniff of action unless Maxime Crépeau is injured. 'Keeper of the tournament, so far.

French Canada GIF
Canadian World GIF by Pudgy Penguins
Star Trek Kirk GIF

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Crazy scenes last night with several Uruguay players going into the stands because a fight broke out between Colombia and Uruguay fans near where the players families were seated. Rodrigo Bentancur threw a glass bottle and accidently hit one of the Uruguay staff members in the head, probably would have been a long, long suspeion if it was an opponent or fan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Crazy scenes last night with several Uruguay players going into the stands because a fight broke out between Colombia and Uruguay fans near where the players families were seated. Rodrigo Bentancur threw a glass bottle and accidently hit one of the Uruguay staff members in the head, probably would have been a long, long suspeion if it was an opponent or fan.
Darwin Núñez piled in and threw a few punches too.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I watched a little of last nights game, well the last 20 mins or so. I thought my 'feed' was running fast as the players didn't seem to stop. Fast football is an understatement. Shook my head in disbelief when I saw Bielsa on the touchline, forgot he was there. Kicked off at the end with ref giving out red cards but then Premier Sports cut to adverts.

More chaos alas at the final with safety issues requiring the opening of gates and ticketless fans entering, creating overcrowding.

Alexis Mac’s mum below caught up in the mess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here