Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2024 Copa América - Julio Enciso, Jeremy Sarmiento and Tom McGill

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Paraguay's defeat to Brazil yesterday means that they cannot qualify for the knockout stages. They play their final group match against Costa Rica on Tuesday and then I assume Julio Enciso will take some time off before returning to England for pre-season training.

Ecuador need to avoid defeat against Mexico tomorrow (Sunday) in order to advance, otherwise Jeremy Sarmiento will also be on his hols (presumably).

Canada are just about to kick-off against Chile. Tom McGill is, of course, on the bench. If they lose they are out; a draw will be sufficient unless Peru somehow beat Argentina.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Canada into the Quarter Finals! Chile down to 10 men for most of the match but still quite an achievement in Canada's first ever Copa.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Tom McGill to come on in the 119th minute in the final and save Vinicius Jrs penalty for a Canada win.
You heard it first and last here.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tom McGill to come on in the 119th minute in the final and save Vinicius Jrs penalty for a Canada win.
You heard it first and last here.
I wonder when, at what level, and for which club McGill will make his next senior appearance (currently 3 years 8 months and counting).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I wonder when, at what level, and for which club McGill will make his next senior appearance (currently 3 years 8 months and counting).
Yeah. Maybe Scotland or North America. Will struggle to get a gig in the EFL with that CV.
Could be that he is basically a training keeper studying for a civil career or some footy related job. I don't see him staying around because of a future career as our starting goalie, there must be something else in it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
USMNT crash out on home turf.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Julio Enciso has started again for the homeward-bound Paraguay against Costa Rica. They were 2-0 down after....seven minutes.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Paraguay lost 2-1 to Costa Rica. However, the great news is that Julio Enciso started and played the whole match. That means that in five matches over the last three weeks, Enciso has two complete games, another appearance of 90 + 2 minutes plus appearances of 64 minutes and 73 minutes. I don't think there is any doubt now that he has physically fully recovered from his injury of last season.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Absolutely cracking game going on between Canada and Venezuela to see who meets Argentina in the semis. 1-1 in the second half. Canada led until Rondon lobbed the goalie from just inside the Canadian half after spotting him off his line. It's end to end stuff. Perhaps they should have used McGill :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here