Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I can't see Trump conceding now. He's too far into it and he believes it'll be humiliating (actually, for most sane people it would save him a bit of face).

He'll either just go silent on the matter and concession is "assumed" or he'll do it via Giuliani or someone else

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can't see Trump conceding now. He's too far into it and he believes it'll be humiliating (actually, for most sane people it would save him a bit of face).

He'll either just go silent on the matter and concession is "assumed" or he'll do it via Giuliani or someone else

I was thinking this.

Can't see him making a concession speech, but assuming he does leave the White House in Jan, will he do the whole get on a helicopter thing or will he skulk off in a blacked out limo? Will he even meet Biden for a formal handover? If so will this be in public?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think one of the most frustrating things for me is that - if the Trump administration hadn’t been so genuinely harmful to so many people’s lives - this last 4 years would’ve been so FUNNY.

Donald and his team as so beyond stunningly stupid that only now after he’s lost are we able to start really just enjoying it.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
you missed the one about needing binoculars to watch the vote.

I think I see the problem...

wrong-way-pictures_csp0312048.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Those fraud claims in full:

– Some of the Michigan poll counters weren't wearing socks and were also drinking soya milk lattes. They are clearly therefore Antifa commies and shouldn't be trusted to count ballots.

– I was driving past my local polling stations two days before the election when I saw a car with out-of-state plates stop suspiciously next to a nearby Taco Bell, and two black men get out, one of whom was carrying a red bag that looked to be full of shapes that could have been bundles of ballots.

– My brother's wife works with someone who was an election observer in Goosefart County Pennsylvania. She reckoned that the guy who was in charge of opening the boxes looked exactly like someone she used to know in Ninth Grade whose Uncle voted for Obama in 2008.

– I work for the US Postal Service and I heard that one of the supervisors in a sorting office in Georgia built a printing press in his spare bedroom, and was printing 15 million ballots an hour that were all pre-printed with votes for Biden. (Actually I left the US Postal Service in 2013 and am now retired in Costa Rica, but still you know, LIBS WINNING AN ELECTION? C'mon on!)

The scary thing is that some of those are actually believable and the type of stuff that people on Twitter come out with. There's clutching at straws when it comes to voter fraud and then there is struggling to find a single straw to clutch...

I think one of the most frustrating things for me is that - if the Trump administration hadn’t been so genuinely harmful to so many people’s lives - this last 4 years would’ve been so FUNNY.

Donald and his team as so beyond stunningly stupid that only now after he’s lost are we able to start really just enjoying it.

I'm happy to admit – again (I think I've said it before) – that part of me will miss him. Whether it's the entertainment that comes with it from US comedians, Michael Spicer, etc, I'm not sure, but there is an element of what he rambles that is mesmerising. Looking objectively, I can see why so many people love him and vote for him, the trouble is that they are SO naive that even now – after four years of lies, conspiracy theories and attacks on lots of different parts of Amercian society*– they still genuinely think he is the one to 'fix' the country.

He's like a cult leader who has seemingly brainwashed a lot of people. To the point where it goes beyond political party loyalty – if he was to lay into the Republicans, tell them to do one and run as an independent, I have no doubt that the majority of his voters would follow him.

Funny bloke.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The scary thing is that some of those are actually believable and the type of stuff that people on Twitter come out with. There's clutching at straws when it comes to voter fraud and then there is struggling to find a single straw to clutch...

I'm happy to admit – again (I think I've said it before) – that part of me will miss him. Whether it's the entertainment that comes with it from US comedians, Michael Spicer, etc, I'm not sure, but there is an element of what he rambles that is mesmerising. Looking objectively, I can see why so many people love him and vote for him, the trouble is that they are SO naive that even now – after four years of lies, conspiracy theories and attacks on lots of different parts of Amercian society*– they still genuinely think he is the one to 'fix' the country.

He's like a cult leader who has seemingly brainwashed a lot of people. To the point where it goes beyond political party loyalty – if he was to lay into the Republicans, tell them to do one and run as an independent, I have no doubt that the majority of his voters would follow him.

Funny bloke.

That would be the dream scenario for Democrats

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Kayleigh McEnany appeared on TV this morning as a 'Trump Campaign Advisor'.

When asked if the Biden team would start receiving intelligence briefings, as is normal for an incoming President-Elect, she stated that was a question for the White House to answer.

Her job? To answer questions on behalf of the White House (for which she's paid a $183,000 Govt salary (from taxpayer funds)).

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've said for a while that I find him such a tedious individual, but he's taking it to new levels now. What, exactly, is his aim? Even if he retains power (somehow), he will be forever known as the cry baby president who threw his chicken nuggets out of the box because he didn't get his own way!

There is no way he can remain in Power now

That's simply because he would need to be able to drive this all the way up to the US Supreme Court and for them to decide the outcome of the Election - So in effect 160m people voted in the Election but 9 people get to make the final decision of who wins the Election.

What ''Precedent'' would that set for Democracy in the US - It would mean every future Election could in theory go down that route where 9 people in the country decide who becomes president. That could never be allowed to happen otherwise ''Democracy is Dead'' in the US

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I was thinking this.

Can't see him making a concession speech, but assuming he does leave the White House in Jan, will he do the whole get on a helicopter thing or will he skulk off in a blacked out limo? Will he even meet Biden for a formal handover? If so will this be in public?

He will make himself a martyr by leaving but refusing to acknowledge the result or incoming administration. It will be along the lines of "I have left but this election result is invalid and voting was rigged." Stokes hate, the next wave of voters for an "anti-establishment" authoritarian and builds his personal scorned dictatorial brand.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He will make himself a martyr by leaving but refusing to acknowledge the result or incoming administration. It will be along the lines of "I have left but this election result is invalid and voting was rigged." Stokes hate, the next wave of voters for an "anti-establishment" authoritarian and builds his personal scorned dictatorial brand.

A present, any Republican speaking out against Trump could have millions of Trumpites against them at the drop of a tweet. It's all very much let him dig his hole, if we keep away from the edge, hopefully we won't get dragged in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There was a wide circulation of a video showing mail votes being collected after election day from a post box.

It has now been confirmed that the post box, like all others in the district, was locked at 8pm on the day of the election. So all the votes are valid.

Just think of all the time and energy folk have put in to trying to prove that incident was evidence of fraud.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There was a wide circulation of a video showing mail votes being collected after election day from a post box.

It has now been confirmed that the post box, like all others in the district, was locked at 8pm on the day of the election. So all the votes are valid.

Just think of all the time and energy folk have put in to trying to prove that incident was evidence of fraud.

Quite sad as well that the losing side in an American election is trying to prove that their democratic system is fraudulent. Makes you wonder what they are actually thinking when they put their hand on their heart and sing their national anthem. Don’t think I would bother.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The Trump plan is all about quantity of litigation, not quality though.

This is an awesome article and details Trump’s plan.........to affect flipped States by delegitimising the popular vote so local Republican law makers can pick their own electoral college slates as counts won’t have been finalised or certified.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/12/politics/trump-legal-electoral-college/index.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here