• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm pretty sure it'll never happen and he's more likely to have "an accident" possibly related to the huge wedge of cash that he owes.....

That's probably right, there will be deals, fines, plea bargains but no actual jail time. But it will mean that he will be tied up with lawyers and legal costs for years to come, and there will probably be even more embarrassing information coming out revealing him as the busted flush he has always been. And for an egomaniac like Trump that is almost has bad as serving time

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What a lot of people forget is that relatively speaking the US is a young country so in a way it is still finding itself but I am genuinely worried that this could damage it beyond repair.

I think what threw a lot of people was bungle****'s lack of facial hair. Hitler, Mugabe, Stalin, Hussain, Gaddafi, Franco, Assad et al all gave you that warning sign, he snuck in without it.

In what way is it still "finding itself"?

Its pretty old as a nation state. Its only new in the sense that it was "recently" "discovered" (if we forget about all the people living there when it was "discovered").

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is no way he can remain in Power now

That's simply because he would need to be able to drive this all the way up to the US Supreme Court and for them to decide the outcome of the Election - So in effect 160m people voted in the Election but 9 people get to make the final decision of who wins the Election.

What ''Precedent'' would that set for Democracy in the US - It would mean every future Election could in theory go down that route where 9 people in the country decide who becomes president. That could never be allowed to happen otherwise ''Democracy is Dead'' in the US

You can't say 'There is no way he can remain in power now' and THEN describe how he can stay in power! Yes, I get that it is extremely unlikely and there is only about a 0.001% chance of it happening, but it COULD happen.

The trouble is, he's gone on about this so much for so long that people believe him and therefore won't accept the result of the election, because TRUMPO doesn't accept the result. His legacy, in my eyes, will be of someone who has done pretty much everything he can to carve out deeper divisions between Americans than were already there. Personally I don't understand why you'd want to do that, but I assume he has his reasons. His fans will blindly follow him wherever he goes and continue to hang off his every word. He's not going to go away quietly, whatever happens...

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
What a lot of people forget is that relatively speaking the US is a young country so in a way it is still finding itself but I am genuinely worried that this could damage it beyond repair.

I think what threw a lot of people was bungle****'s lack of facial hair. Hitler, Mugabe, Stalin, Hussain, Gaddafi, Franco, Assad et al all gave you that warning sign, he snuck in without it.

China is an ancient country which relatively speaking is “still finding itself” with its current political system.

I would worry much more about the powerful countries in the world that are not democratic or transparent.

People with no skin in the game belly aching about the workings of foreign countries should worry less about the democratic ones.

Maybe in their hearts they want less democracy?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

What a bizarre comment!

As nations go, it is pretty well established. Look around the world and see how many countries are pretty much now as they were 250 years ago. Russia as it is now has only been in existence since 1980s, China has a new 'commercial' communist regime, Germany was a bunch of separate states up until 1871 as was Italy up to 1848.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone ever got so wound up they exploded or spontaneously combusted ? Now thats TV I would watch like a grenade going off in a Truck full of Tango :lolol:

Apologies, I tried to delete that but for some reason attached gifs don't delete. Calling [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] or other mods to delete.

Attachments

• scanners.gif
    scanners.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 199

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What a bizarre comment!

As nations go, it is pretty well established. Look around the world and see how many countries are pretty much now as they were 250 years ago. Russia as it is now has only been in existence since 1980s, China has a new 'commercial' communist regime, Germany was a bunch of separate states up until 1871 as was Italy up to 1848.

And you could argue didn't come into it's current existence until 1991. TBH if you want to go the whole hog the US is older than the UK given Irish partition in 1921.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Melania Trump has just confirmed her plans to decorate the White House for Christmas as "2020 marks the final holiday season for the Trump White House".

Yeah, she's definitely divorcing him ASAP.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You can't say 'There is no way he can remain in power now' and THEN describe how he can stay in power! Yes, I get that it is extremely unlikely and there is only about a 0.001% chance of it happening, but it COULD happen.

The trouble is, he's gone on about this so much for so long that people believe him and therefore won't accept the result of the election, because TRUMPO doesn't accept the result. His legacy, in my eyes, will be of someone who has done pretty much everything he can to carve out deeper divisions between Americans than were already there. Personally I don't understand why you'd want to do that, but I assume he has his reasons. His fans will blindly follow him wherever he goes and continue to hang off his every word. He's not going to go away quietly, whatever happens...

Don't worry

Bernie Madoff will be inviting him round for Dinner soon

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Mugabe? He didn't have any facial hair. Nor did Mao, Amin or Mobutu. And currently Orban and Bolsonaro are clean-shaven.

As we can see on the Peter Sutcliffe thread, it should be a guide to a wrong 'un but it's often not

I've been shot down in flames about the US being a relatively young country but I have found my hill to die on. Mugabe's fuzz was the worst of the lot.

Robert-Mugabe-1.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nothing to add. Just wanted the 3000th reply. (Yes I know it is post 3001)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here